PA Stands Up seeks a Field Director to drive the development and implementation of a statewide field strategy that builds local chapter base power, and works with the Organizing Director to execute a statewide leadership development and training program. This position is a critical part of Pennsylvania Stands Up, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
ABOUT PA STANDS UP
PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many. We organize Black, brown and white working people across Pennsylvania's cities, towns and rural areas. Our chapters in Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Franklin, Chester, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, York, Berks, and Philadelphia counties build grassroots leadership, fight on our issues, and win elections. Together, we are building the durable political infrastructure necessary to win governing power and enact bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
The position is directly accountable to the Executive Director.
- Demonstrate visionary leadership to grow a mass movement of multi-racial and cross-class working people across Pennsylvania
- Grow and manage a field team who serve as political field support to our local chapters and endorsed candidates, and mobilize thousands of volunteers to participate in our issue and electoral campaigns
- Drive accountability, ongoing reflection, learning, innovation, and improvement through check-ins, goal setting, accountability and one to one coaching with each member of the field team
- Oversee the growth, management, and budget of PA Stands Up’s Field Department
- Set and meet field and campaign goals in our target geographies
- Represent the organization in local, state, and national coalitions; work with coalition partners on aligned campaigns
- Exemplify and cultivate a work culture of support and accountability
- Identify priority local, state and federal electoral opportunities to build our slate of progressive champions in elected office.
- Work with chapters’ member-leaders to establish long term strategies to flip our state legislature, congressional districts and senate seats while electing movement aligned champions
- Oversee an ambitious large-scale paid and volunteer electoral canvass program in diverse political geographies
- Set field targeting and direct voter contact goals to help win key races and build the power of our chapters
- Work with the Organizing Director and external partners to design, execute, and support our electoral program in target geographies
- Work with the Organizing and Narrative Director to develop and lead a long-term strategy to build a powerful network of local chapters throughout Pennsylvania
- Collaborate with the Organizing department to build powerful local, state and national campaigns and achieve policy wins through sophisticated field programs
- Manage and oversee all paid and distributed field programs, membership data management, and dues tracking
- Work with the Organizing Director to drive the development and work of the statewide training program, including recruitment, onboarding and management of a statewide training team, composed of local chapter leadership
- In cooperation with the statewide organizing team, drive the local chapter powerbuilding support strategy, based upon local chapter powerbuilding plans for membership recruitment and leadership development
- Work with Narrative Director to integrate local chapter priorities into our electoral and issue campaign work plan
- Together with Narrative Director, help shape public messaging and communications strategy to support electoral and legislative campaigns
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots community teams around a methodology of power and self-interest
- Experience coordinating training and leadership development arcs for individual and multiple groups, or ideally, experience coordinating a large training program
- Experience with organizing inside of a local chapter/umbrella organization structure for base building
- Experience in project and team management, and in staff supervision
- Experience in electoral and membership data management
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing and executing complex issue and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Acute strategy development and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $70,00-80,000. PA Stands Up is dedicated to workers rights and offers health benefits and generous paid time off to its employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Field Director” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.