The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
The Manager, Quality Center will be responsible for coordinating and managing programs, reporting and deliverables of the Quality Center. The individual will work closely with the Director and Quality Center team to manage and coordinate key activities of NACHC’s Quality Center and its national, multi-partner initiatives to help health centers advance toward the Quintuple Aim goals of improved health outcomes, improved patient experiences, improved staff experiences, reduced costs, and equity.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Quality Center under the supervision of the Quality Center Director.
- Manage the Quality Center’s BPHC National Cooperative Agreement and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects under the supervision of the Quality Center Director.
- Develop and implement workflows and processes to track Quality Center projects and coordination of activities and deliverables with other NACHC Divisions.
- Monitor execution of Quality Center workplans and ensure systems and processes are in place to track, measure, and report achievement of deliverables.
- Support the Director in maintaining budgets and ensuring timely processing of vendor contracts, invoices, and payment.
- Develop standard operating procedures for Quality Center work.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficient cross functional operations; champion operational excellence.
- Coordinate the onboarding of Quality Center staff and vendors in collaboration with appropriate NACHC staff.
- Coordinate meetings of the Quality Center with staff across the organization and external stakeholders.
- Support Quality Center and NACHC efforts to collect and disseminate evidence-based and promising practices in the area of quality improvement/assurance and systems transformation.
- Coordinate activities that advance the Center’s application and use of the Value Transformation Framework as an organization framework.
- Support Quality Center partnerships with primary care associations (PCAs) and health center controlled networks (HCCNs) and their application of the Value Transformation Framework.
- Coordinate and oversee the VTF Assessment Tool and related resources and support.
- Prepare project summaries, reports, and other narrative and graphic displays of project work and activities.
- Contribute content to project trainings, and resources.
- Support writing, editing, and formatting of training materials for learning communities.
- Create systems to manage learning communities and project data.
- Oversee Quality Center databases, including data collection, management, and analysis.
- Liaison with internal NACHC divisions as a resource for the Quality Center.
- Represent NACHC with other organizations and agencies as directed by the Quality Center Director and Chief Medical Officer.
- Work with CAD and NACHC communication staff to insure efficient and effective internal and external communication regarding Quality Center activities and results.
- Support Quality Center Advisory Panels, Committees, and Networks.
- Monitor adherence to funder expectations on deliverables, reports, and budgets.
- Assist in grant writing, reports, and collecting and documenting deliverables.
- Supervise staff, as assigned.
- Ensure products are delivered on time and of high quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in program management, coordination, and/or design in health care or a related field.
- Professional project/operations management experience, including client relationship management and budget management.
- Experience in quality improvement desired.
- Demonstrated project management skills; project management certification (PMP) or equivalent.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with software to support project management, such as Asana or other tools.
- Experience in organizing and displaying data using such programs as Salesforce, Tableau, and Microsoft Power BI.
- High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative, and commitment.
- Proactive, motivated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, self-manages multiple priorities simultaneously under deadlines.
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with health centers, a plus.
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities, simultaneously, under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Works well with others as well as independently.
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external).
- Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence.