HR Business Partner
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA) located in Arlington, VA, was founded in 1938 and is the national trade association representing the jurisdictions that control the distribution and sale of beverage alcohol within their borders. The mission of the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA) is to support member jurisdictions in their efforts to protect public health and safety and ensure responsible and efficient systems for beverage alcohol distribution and sales.
NABCA has an immediate vacancy for an HR Business Partner. The HR Business Partner is responsible for managing group insurance plans, employee onboarding, cloud-based HR systems and portals, etc. The HR Business Partner is also responsible for supporting "upskilling", policies, professional development, HR reporting, wellness, etc. The HR Business Partner serves as the "go to" person for group benefits, professional development, time and attendance, wellness, etc. questions. This position reports to the Vice-President, Human Resources and Administrative Systems. NABCA offers a generous employee benefits package and salaries commensurate with experience.
- Manages day-to-day group, ancillary, COBRA, and other insurance benefits; processes enrollment changes; works closely with brokers and carriers to identify and resolve enrollment and premium billing issues.
- Plans and executes two open enrollment meetings each year (health insurance benefits/FSA); works proactively with brokers and vendors to ensure that renewal timelines are met; analyzes current and renewals premiums.
- Coordinates recruitment and onboarding activities; posts online employment ads; conducts new employee orientation, onboarding sessions, etc.; supports "upskilling" and professional development initiatives designed to strengthen the bench.
- Manages cloud-based time and attendance system; manages other SAAS HR systems including group health insurance, applicant tracking, FSA, COBRA, etc.; resolves issues, implements changes to increase productivity, streamline processes, expands employee self-service options, etc.
- Provides substantive support to the Vice-President, Human Resources and Administrative Systems for a range of HR department functions; researches and drafts policies; writes memos and resolves issues.
- Maintains spreadsheets and control reports to support bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Administers and curates the content of the NABCA benefit portal by selecting appropriate resources.
- Plans and conducts wellness events throughout the year; maintains personnel files; performs special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of substantive, directly relevant, recent experience as an HR Generalistor equivalent role required. 8-10 years of directly relevant HR experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Recent non-profit or association HR experience strongly preferred. Full-cycle HR experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of recent group benefits administration experience that includes responsibility for renewal and open enrollment planning and execution activities.
- Must be articulate with excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience drafting memos, job descriptions, reports, presentations, etc. is essential. Familiarity with HR compliance, principles, and practices is required
- Accuracy, exceptional attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills are required. Strong mathematical aptitude and a logical problem-solving approach are essential.
- Exceptional computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe are required. Demonstrated experience administering HRIS, SAAS or cloud-based group insurance, FSA, COBRA, applicant tracking, time and attendance systems (i.e., Replicon, Big Time, Kronos, etc.), etc. is required.
- Must have experience working independently, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment without close supervision. Strong time management, exceptional organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachability, a positive attitude, professionalism, a strong work ethic, and the ability to learn quickly are essential. Excellent judgment, initiative, discretion, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentialitydue to the sensitive nature of the position are absolutely essential.
- A passion for achieving excellence in HR are essential to the success of the individual selected for this position.
EOE/M/F/D FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: https://nabca.applicantpro.com/