The Assistant to the Chief of Staff is responsible for managing APIA Scholars logistics to ensure smooth day-to-day operations. This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
· Act as a liaison and provide support with the President and Chief of Staff (COS) to the Board of Directors.
· Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events including scheduling meetings.
· Provide sophisticated calendar management for Chief of Staff (COS).
· Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Senior Leadership’s ability to effectively lead the organization including assisting with special projects; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
· Work closely with the President and COS to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
· Assist with staff travel and event logistics for the 20th Anniversary events.
· Coordinate logistics for all staff meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
· Manage all aspects of the office suite including provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment, answer main phone line and respond to inquiries, replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc, process and distribute daily mail.
· Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows.
· Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
· Provide event management support as needed.
· Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
· Significant executive support, higher education, or nonprofit experience (5+ years).
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
· High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior leaders, staff, donors, and vendors.
· Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects.
· Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
· Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
The Assistant to the Chief of Staff is responsible for managing APIA Scholars logistics to ensure smooth day-to-day operations. This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications…