We Are Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
The Manager of Events and Dining works with the Director of Events and Dining to ensure the museum standards for visitor dining, hospitality and events are clearly executed through the collaborative relationship with the food and beverage provider. With direct responsibility on the execution of events the Manager facilitates a shared understanding of the logistics surrounding both internal and external events. In addition, they play a key role in ensuring the food and beverage experience compliments and adds value to the full museum experience for all visitors. This position supervises multiple members of the Events and Dining team.
Specifically, you will:
- With oversight from the Director of Events and Dining, manage the museum’s facility rental and internal event sales and operations, liaising with cross departmental operations team members.
- Ensure the events and dining experience is seamlessly aligned with the museum’s brand, mission, culture, and reputation in all aspects of the food and beverage operations.
- Manage and evaluate the inquiry process to ensure the timely response to prospective and confirmed clients who are planning events.
- Monitor and evaluate standards related to quality of food, service, setup and cleanliness of event and support spaces.
- Ensure third party vendors and partners follow all Museum policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and direction to the third-party vendors in order to provide high quality, full-service events including, but not limited to Exhibition opening events and trustee and donor events.
- Collaborate with the food service partner and the museum Marketing department to develop an annual Marketing Plan and budget for facility rentals and end events.
- Attend monthly meetings to ensure marketing initiatives with food service partner are implemented and evaluated.
- Oversee of the administrative functions and staff on the Events and Dining team, including the Events and Dining Coordinator.
Your background and experience include:
- Several years of demonstrated successful experience in managing weddings and events.
- Understanding of and passion for the culinary and hospitality industry and providing an excellent guest experience.
- Proven knowledge of retail restaurants, public dining, food and beverage catering of all types, facility rental and event management services, operational policies, vendor management, vendor contracts, and budgeting.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience, with specialization in business, hospitality and/or foodservices management preferred.
Position and Compensation Details
- The minimum salary for this position is $60,000.
- This position is full-time, exempt working 35 hours per week
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage candidates to apply early as the position will close once we have a robust applicant pool or a candidate has been selected.
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the museum. As an employee, you will have access to numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate family
- Discounted guest tickets for admission
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our curatorial and conservation teams
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, museum cafés, and museum retail and online stores
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for employees* including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and holidays
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of factors including the employee’s regular schedule and tenure.
Powered by JazzHR