Enrollment Director 2023 - 2024
Job Description and Requirements:
The Enrollment Director is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive, action-oriented enrollment strategies and tactics that will support New Amsterdam School’s growth and future success.
The Enrollment Director will help establish and update procedures and criteria, work with potential families to determine their eligibility, and oversee the admissions process. The Enrollment Director oversees all aspects of recruitment, selection, enrollment, and retention.
The Enrollment Director is a member of the Leadership Council and will be involved in organizational decisions such as budgeting, staff development, and program development.
New Amsterdam School uses a shared leadership model. As the Enrollment Director, you would participate in this structure through weekly faculty meetings, weekly Leadership Council meetings, and by working in committees that are pertinent to your role and expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all new enrollment for New Amsterdam School.
- Conducts all Open Houses (Held on Saturday- minimum four events in 2023/2024).
- Conducts all Coffee / Tea / Tours (Two Thursdays a month for 2023/2024).
- Works in conjunction with Interim School Director to support all enrollment and admissions functions of New Amsterdam School.
- Assists in the admissions decision-making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or denied.
- Provides and supports interested families with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
- Engages in the recruiting process by planning, coordinating, and overseeing promotional enrollment events, tours, student interviews, and other admissions activities.
- Communicates changes, statistics, and other information to the Leadership Council.
- Facilitates and documents all Family Exit Interviews/Exmission processes.
- Attend weekly one hour meetings for the Leadership Council (meeting time TBD).
- Attend weekly one hour Full School Meetings (Thursday from 3:30pm-4:30pm in 2023/2024).
- Participates in at least one school committee throughout the year, taking responsibility for meeting as needed, and accomplishing the work of the committee.
- Participates in facilitating five school festivals and two enrollment events per year (Michaelmas/Lantern Walk/Winter Fair/Spiral of Light/May Day).
- Adheres to all School policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Files all required health forms and documentation of training required by August 31, 2023.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or similar advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
- M.ED, MA or MS in Early Childhood Education in progress, or currently held (preferred).
- Experience in strategic admissions in the private/independent school or other educational settings.
- Interest in working in a collaborative leadership style.
- Proven organizational management skills in complex educational settings.
- Demonstration of a positive track record with admissions, recruiting, conversion and retention.
- Proven analytical skills involving data and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient in Google Workspace - especially Calendar, Sheets, Docs.
- Excellent emotional regulation and ability to support colleagues/children/community members through challenges.
- Strong understanding of childhood development and behavioral support.
- Commitment to working to create a supportive & respectful environment.
- Ability to be self-reflective, committed to personal growth, and actively seek feedback and support.
- Fundraising Experience.
- Interest in Waldorf education / progressive education / similar education systems.
- Spanish proficiency
40 hours / week Monday-Friday, with some weekend / evening responsibilities.
Compensation: Salaried Position ($60,000 - $65,000 / per year)
*Please note: in the State of New York, employment is at will and is not guaranteed for any period of time.*
Benefits: Healthcare, paid professional development opportunities, tuition remission, and an outside mentor.
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at New Amsterdam School. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.