ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation (CPF) is the only independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to offer programs in public parks throughout the five boroughs of New York City. At CPF, we are dedicated to invigorating and transforming parks into dynamic, vibrant centers of urban life through arts, environmental education, sports, and community building programs for all New Yorkers. Our ethos is simple: we believe thriving parks mean thriving communities.
- We produce SummerStage, the largest free, outdoor performing arts festival in NYC, presenting world-class artists from across the globe and our own neighborhoods on our mainstage in Central Park and in local parks in all five boroughs, and our Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre and roving PuppetMobile present marionette puppet theater throughout New York City.
- Partnerships for Parks, a public-private program of City Parks Foundation and NYC Parks, supports and champions a growing network of community leaders who care and advocate for the transformation of our neighborhood parks.
- We connect youngsters to nature in the urban environment through progressive, experiential teaching. Using parks as classrooms, we provide learning experiences and hands-on activities in urban forests, coastal areas, and gardens.
- Free golf, tennis, track & field, soccer, and fitness programs bring high-quality instruction and equipment into areas where few organized athletic opportunities exist. We offer leveled training, year-round scholarship coaching, and special pro events.
The Development Coordinator will join a 13 person Development and Marketing team, raising approximately $11 million annually from individual donors, foundations and institutions, corporate sponsors, and government to support our free programs in New York City parks. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development, the Development Coordinator will play a vital role in supporting our individual giving, special events, membership, and marketing responsibilities.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Coordinator will assist the Development Office by managing individual donor and donation information in Salesforce, tracking all fundraising and donor correspondence for our Gala & Concert at SummerStage in Central Park and our CityParks Tennis Benefit at the US Open Championships, and providing support for the membership program at our SummerStage concerts. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, producing research on potential supporters, drafting acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, and providing administrative support for the development and marketing departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development, oversee all individual giving, membership, fundraising event, and board gift processing in Salesforce database and reconcile data with finance department;
- Draft acknowledgements letters and related donor correspondence;
- Conduct research to identify a pipeline of board, event honoree, and major donor prospects for senior leadership;
- Create donation reports and manage internal and external facing reports and documents;
- Manage departmental invoicing and track finances;
- Co-manage all fundraising webpages, social media fundraising, and online forms with the marketing team, manage funder credits and ensure support levels and recognition are accurately represented in all printed and digital material;
- Additional administrative support to include: act as primary notetaker in fundraising, programming, and marketing meetings; schedule meetings for senior development staff;
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Working with the Director of Development and the Senior Manager of Development, support the day to day responsibilities for fundraising and cultivation events;
- Meticulously document all guest correspondence and special requests;
- Lead event auction fulfilment;
- Assist in drafting and mailing solicitation letters and invitations;
- Create event lookbooks for board and senior leadership;
- Work on-site managing guest check-in at benefit events and cultivation receptions.
- Assist the Manager of Development and Membership with member benefit tracking and rsvps, special requests and membership mailings;
- Assist onsite at SummerStage concerts across NYC with member and VIP guest check-in and event information at select evening and weekend concerts as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail and process, thoroughness, and task focus while managing pressure and working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional research, organizational, and oral and written communications skills;
- Salesforce experience and familiarity with Google Suite applications strongly preferred;
- Superb sense of protocol, etiquette, and discretion in all communications;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Highly collaborative, motivated, resilient, flexible, and proactive;
- Availability to work nights and weekends as required;
- Passion for free programming in NYC’s parks.
WORKING FOR CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation is a collegial, mission-focused organization that values its employees and encourages professional growth and advancement. Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: DevoJobs@CityParksFoundation.org. Put “Development Coordinator” in subject header.
Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.