1. Provide executive support to the General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, and Board Secretary on matters relating to the chief obligations and mandates of the Offices of the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. Executive support is also provided to the Title IX and Reasonable Accommodations Coordinator and EEO Director. Duties include coordinating and prioritizing schedules and business obligations, including internal and outside obligations; arranging meetings and conferences, handling communication and travel arrangements, and processing related functions and documentations; referring incoming calls to the respective department while ensuring that appropriate calls are the only one that goes through to the executives; following up on communications originating from the executives’ offices or department;
2. Work with the COVID-Coordinator, including participating in policy formation and implementation; contact tracing; providing daily guidance to students and staff; and gathering, maintaining, and reporting data;
3. Carry out major assignments related to legal and factual research; prepare written reports as requested; prepare correspondence and court documents for filing;
4. Research and manage special projects related to business operations;
5. Manage the administration of Title IX, Sexual Harassment, and Diversity Training;
6. Interface with Board members, arrange for board meetings and provide assistance to the Board Secretary, including maintaining confidential board materials;
7. Contracts– preparing contracts for the General Counsel’s review, ensure final execution by the proper signatories and the filing of all contracts, obtain proper certificates of insurance from vendors, issue new vendor packages, issue tax exemption certificates, tracking opening and expiration dates of contracts, and managing the integration of the contracts in the Law School’s operations;
8. Interface with clientele, outside counsel, courts, and government agencies;
9. Build and maintain databases and files; organize and track cases and other matters; arrange for service of process; prepare, edit, and disseminate written communication to handle applications, agreements, licenses, and permits;
9. Manage the Law School’s Identification Card Center including taking the applicant’s picture, issuing new and replacement cards, and collecting replacement fees; managing semester parking arrangements;
10. Serve as CLE Coordinator including reviewing qualification for the proposed CLE credit; coordinate with Events to advertise CLE availability; attend events to ensure participants register for CLE credit and sign out at end of event; and distribute CLE certification;
11. Manage the office operations including daily management of workflow; streamlining work and identifying and resolving workflow problems; ensure that office equipment is maintained, order supplies, and use technology to improve office functions; and
12. Performs other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a university, government agency, non-profit, corporate environment, or law office, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working independently and exercising discretion in carrying out duties.
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with clientele, outside counsel, government agencies, and other entities.
- Experience in handling confidential information. Highly proficient communication, writing, editing, research, and analysis skills necessary.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and carry out detailed procedures in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in managing an office daily.
- Relevant computer knowledge and experience, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point software. Must be willing to learn and work with new computer programs and electronic technology.
1. Provide executive support to the General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, and Board Secretary on matters relating to the chief obligations and mandates of the Offices of the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer…
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and Commuter benefits. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Brooklyn Law School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and…