JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
The Send Silence Packing Outreach Manager will manage and oversee all outreach and tour planning; communications with college/university, high school, and community hosts; quality assurance; and program evaluation on behalf of Active Minds’ Send Silence Packing® traveling display (www.activeminds.org/sendsilencepacking).
The Send Silence Packing Outreach Manager reports to the Director of Training and Engagement, in addition to collaborating with the Send Silence Packing Tour Manager and other staff.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization changing the culture around mental health. Through our presence at more than 1,000 high school and college campuses, in corporate settings, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. Through our many programs – including the emotionally gripping Send Silence Packing® traveling exhibit and our compelling Active Minds Speakers – we are changing culture and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Outreach and Tour Planning:
- Conduct outreach and marketing to schools, colleges and universities, community-based organizations, and foundations to secure 30-60 exhibit stops per semester (fall and spring) for Active Minds’ nationally acclaimed Send Silence Packing program.
- Respond to program inquiries and interest from hosts, the public, and partners.
- Negotiate dates and contracts for hosting the exhibit with site hosts in alignment with Active Minds’ best practices, including geographic region for the tours, staffer needs, driving distances, and other factors.
- Handle all communications with campus and community hosts leading up to, during, and after Send Silence Packing events, ensuring that they comply with all contract stipulations and that all of their needs are met.
- Prepare and deliver pre-event materials and training to hosts.
- In coordination with the Send Silence Packing Tour Manager, schedule pre-event site visits for the staffers and hosts and coordinate day-of-event logistics in collaboration with the staffers and hosts.
- Coordinate invoices and payments with each host.
- Follow-up with hosts post-event to collect feedback and cultivate relationships and share the feedback with the Send Silence Packing Tour Manager on a regular basis.
Quality Assurance and Program Evaluation:
- Manage 1-2 interns to ensure high-quality support of and communications with staffers, external vendors, and story/backpack donors. Conduct quality assurance checks by proactively seeking out feedback from staffers, story/backpack donors, partners and funders on their experiences working with Active Minds.
- Consistently review workflow to create and implement protocols and processes to increase impact and minimize expenses.
- Ensure staff are educated and informed about Send Silence Packing and each tour.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee all-staff prep days to support successful lift-off of tours.
- Think strategically in collaboration with the Higher Ed/Evaluation team and external evaluation consultants about how to improve the evaluation and implementation of the program each year to ensure we are achieving desired outcomes. Monitor and report on the reach and impact of the program through surveys and technical assistance; quarterly reports to the Active Minds Board of Directors
Leadership and Relationship-Building:
- Suicide prevention expertise and training: Stay up-to-date with the field of suicide prevention, including current research. Ensure program adheres to safe reporting and up-to-date best practices in suicide prevention.
- Strategic marketing and brand elevation: Coordinate with the Communications/Marketing staff to lead program branding and design, garner positive media attention, and raise organizational reputation and public profile.
- Partner and funder relationship-building: Cultivate relationships with funders, partners and repeat clients. Ensure that all program-related key deliverables and sponsorship-needs of grants or contracts are met or exceeded.
Administration and Other Duties as Assigned:
- Budget management: Oversee the program’s financial data, including programmatic accounting and creation and stewardship of budgets and in alignment with the Program Department’s overall budget.
- Salesforce management: Maintain and track organized records of event details, communication, and status in the organization-wide CRM system, Salesforce.
- Participate in organization-wide miscellaneous duties as needed, including supporting the National Conference and participating on cross-department committees
- Experience in the full spectrum of sales and client relationship management is a must, including generating leads, cultivating potential clients, closing deals and marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing consultants, volunteers, and vendors remotely
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with potential clients including university personnel, community leaders, corporate professionals, and others
- The ability to understand and communicate cause-based programming to clients
- Experience managing revenue-generating events that are well-executed and inspiring
- Experience reviewing, revising, and negotiating legal contracts and sales prices
- Excellent and persuasive interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent research and networking skills
- A collaborative approach and team-oriented style, able to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
- Previous experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM system strongly desired
- Advocate for social entrepreneurship and a believer in young people making an impact
LOCATION: Washington, DC based preferred (but working from other cities will be considered as long as applicant can be flexible to work during East Coast hours).