Working at NPF
The National Park Foundation (NPF) works in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) to enrich America's national parks through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts. Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation is founded on a legacy that began more than a century ago, when private citizens from all walks of life took action to establish and protect our national parks.
Today, the National Park Foundation carries on that tradition as the only national charitable nonprofit whose mission is to directly support America's 420+ national park units. As the National Park Service's official nonprofit partner, the National Park Foundation supports projects and programs across the system. We protect our natural, cultural, and historical heritage and connect people to all that the parks have to offer through our work.
For more information on the full range of programs and projects supported by the National Park Foundation, please review our website at www.nationalparks.org.
The Coordinator, Direct Response will be in charge of managing the monthly donor program, as the professional point of contact for donors within our Friends of NPF monthly giving portfolio. The Coordinator will promote donor retention, monitor giving trends, and champion sustainer giving to help grow recurring revenue for the Direct Response program. The candidate will also be a resource to the team to help promote and manage other ways of giving such as Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), workplace matching gifts, peer-to-peer/crowdfunding, Facebook Fundraisers, and new fundraising sources. This position requires an understanding of customer/donor services and familiarity with nonprofit fundraising.
This full-time position is based in Washington DC and works closely with the other members of the Direct Response, Database Management, Individual Giving, and External Affairs teams to provide exceptional donor services and engagement, support fundraising development, and create reporting for the monthly giving program.
· Acts as first point of contact to manage monthly donor services inquiries (through email, phone, and mail) to ensure effective and efficient donor stewardship.
· Uses donor database systems - specifically Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online - to research and update donor accounts, facilitate gift payments, and other donor services related functions to ensure donor needs are met and database integrity is maintained.
· Support the gift acknowledgement, cultivation, and payments process to ensure best business practices in timely receipting and recapture strategies.
· Works extensively with the Senior Director, NPF team managers, and outside consultants to appropriately integrate monthly giving messaging within direct response campaigns.
· Maintains regular donor and revenue reporting to measure and evaluate fundraising program performance.
· Manages individual peer-to-peer personal fundraisers, working with donors and constituents for campaign setup, reporting, and any follow-ups as needed.
· Act as point of contact for CFC fundraising vendor, completing applications accurately and within deadlines.
· Works with donation processing teams to review, approve, and track workplace matching gift applications.
· Coordinates with Communications and Social Media teams to plan, manage, and report on Facebook fundraising campaigns for the organization.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Incumbent should possess some professional knowledge of non-profit fundraising with an emphasis on marketing activities such as direct mail, email, or telemarketing.
· Strong communication and public speaking skills, with the ability to present information effectively to individuals, organizations, donors and the general public. Strong writing and grammatical skills to develop and edit written communications.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
· Ability to handle and manage confidential donor information in order to communicate appropriately while assuring donor confidence in the National Park Foundation.
Preferred education and experience:
· 1+ years of experience with a nonprofit organization, preferably in a role involving fundraising, marketing, and/or donor relations
· Proven ability to work well with changing project deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and providing follow up to open requests.
· Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated ability to be flexible, work independently, collaborate with others as needed, make sound decisions, and exercise good judgment and professionalism at all times.
· Strong communication and editing skills with attention to detail; proven capabilities to draft correspondence, reports, and other written communications.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience using donor databases and familiarity with database concepts, with preferred experience with Blackbaud solutions.
Description of physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position may require working overtime, travel and long periods of standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Business casual attire is required.
The National Park Foundation is an EEO employer
Working at NPF
The National Park Foundation (NPF) works in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) to enrich America's national parks through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park…