Scholars Site Program Coordinator
Reports to: Scholars Director
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation of the after-school program, including, but not limited to: strong organization, supporting program staff, consistent monitoring of all classrooms and elements of the after-school program, daily student attendance tracking and general program support. The program coordinator will aid in creating and implementing culture building events and programming. This person leads with charisma to effectively promote the BTGCP identity and culture to all program staff, school staff, students, and families.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working as part of a diverse team.
- Experience working with an elementary and/or middle school.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Experience working in a social emotional supportive environment/program.
- Experience working with school age families.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage a complex set of demands and activities at multiple sites.
- Comfortable working with G Suite, Salesforce, texting apps, and other platforms.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
Licenses & Certifications
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the position/job/role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Program Development & Implementation
- Provide day-to-day support of programs and after-school staff.
- Regularly monitors, circulates and supports behavior expectations.
- Upholds academic and behavioral expectations for all stakeholders.
- Coach students and teachers through relationship building.
- Build program systems, monitor key elements, and implement needed improvements
- Create and maintain BTGCP program culture
- Help to develop and implement program events to create a positive, joyful environment.
- Implement partnership field trips and events by being the point of contact, organizing permission slips, volunteers, and day of logistics.
- Facilitates the work of substitutes to cover staff absences, serves as substitute during teacher or staff absence.
- Hold weekly teacher meetings to discuss lesson plans, program updates, and high impact next steps.
- Regularly meet with partner schools and programs to discuss updates and implementation.
Family and Staff Communication
- Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with program staff, school administration, and parents/caregivers.
- Ensure attendance is tracked daily and parents are regularly contacted regarding student attendance (primary parent contact for site questions and concerns).
- Lead weekly professional development and weekly one on one with the Program Director, and special events during the year.
- Develop initial parent/caregiver orientation and regular events throughout the year.
Data Collection, Entry, and Analysis
- Administer, collect and enter informal and formal data, surveys, and other relevant data in salesforce, and address areas of growth .
- Maintain accurate student records and data, and up to date parent contact information.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. This job description is not a written or implied contract.