The Director of Evaluation and Outcomes is responsible for guiding the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of evaluation and outcomes initiatives. These responsibilities include oversight and maintenance of the organization’s member tracking system and database; development, administration, and analysis of program and youth outcomes assessments; creating and publishing program reports for internal and external stakeholders; and identifying and researching program strategy needs.
The Director of Evaluation and Outcomes is skilled in evaluation, positive, enthusiastic, flexible, outgoing, has a can-do attitude, and is capable of working with a diverse constituency. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and affinity to youth and youth development work. This position will build upon BGCB’s current evaluation work.
BGCB is offering a $1000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
This position is based at our Main Office, 200 High Street Boston, MA and is eligible to apply for a hybrid (in-office and remote) work model. It is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to attend events and meetings as needed.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing assessment of BGCB’s long term evaluation strategy.
- Regularly present to BGCB’s Program Committee (comprised of BGCB Board Members and staff).
- Supervise and manage Evaluation Data Manager.
- Manage evaluation-related contracts, consultants, and partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive the development and use of metrics to create best practices around programming and sustainability; keep abreast of national research and trends in best practices and bring that learning to BGCB leadership to inform planning.
- Work closely with Development team to link metrics and evaluation activities to resource development; provide data analysis and/or reports to meeting requirements for data collection and outcomes evaluation for grant reporting and potential funders’ requirements.
- Engage and educate club staff on matters related to evaluation and outcomes. Ensure staff compliance re: BGCB evaluation efforts.
- Help clubs create a culture where data is collected and used effectively to improve our programs
- Maintain understanding of all data collected by organization to assess duplication of efforts and advise Clubs/organization on how to use data holistically to inform decision making.
- Research secondary data to be used to support BGCB outcomes; research best practices in non-profit outcomes management.
- Collect both qualitative and quantitative data. Provide data for annual reports, including but not limited to BGCA, United Way and annual dashboard.
- Clean, analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop data analysis plan.
- Generate presentations, recommendations using data results.
- Process monthly operational dashboards.
- Assist with the recruiting and training of all evaluation and outcomes interns.
- Perform aspects of database management.
- Attend relevant BGCB and external events as appropriate.
- Perform other duties related to BGCB evaluation and outcomes as directed by supervisor.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Role Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to serve as healthy role models while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Masters in related field preferred.
- Evaluation/outcomes experience required.
- MS Office and web competency required.
- Attributes: Positive, friendly, encouraging, and patient.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills, solid verbal communications.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, skilled in metrics and performance management.
- Ability to travel to off-site Clubs, meetings and BGCB related events.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and ethnic backgrounds
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **