Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
Compensation: Full-time, commensurate with experience. Full benefits.
About Fresh Lifelines for Youth
Founded in 2000, Fresh Lifelines for Youth (FLY) is an award-winning nonprofit working to break the cycle of juvenile violence, crime, and incarceration. FLY believes that all our children deserve a chance to become more than their past mistakes. FLY’s legal education, leadership training, and mentoring programs motivate and equip youth to change the course of their lives. We are also committed to helping our juvenile justice systems become more just, humane, and equitable. As a result, FLY increases safety in our communities and decreases the costs and consequences of crime.
For more information about Fresh Lifelines for Youth please go to: www.flyprogram.org.
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator provides administrative support for the annual fund and monthly giving activities and reports to the Director of Development (DoD) on individual, corporate, and board member fundraising results. The Development Coordinator plays a critical role in coordinating the maintenance of the database, gift processing and acknowledgement, and report generation. The position also supports with planning, execution, and reporting for critical fundraising and donor engagement activities.
The Development Coordinator involves contact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to: FLY staff, donors, volunteers, youth, Board members, vendors, and consultants.
- Maintain Salesforce platform (install updates, security, licenses, etc)
- Manage integrations with Salesforce such as Auctions for Salesforce, Click and Pledge, MailChimp, Sync Apps, Unbounce, and Apsona
- Customize Salesforce apps, objects (standard, custom, external), fields, record types, and layouts
- Configure workflow rules, visual, and process builder flows
- Create and maintain views, reports, and dashboards
- Perform data management, deduplication, validation, patching, backups, usage limits, etc.
- Develop and provide one-to-one and small group user training. Develop and maintain documentation. Maintain user engagement.
- Support teams and users in finding solutions to optimize business processes
- Document customizations to the organization, process documentation, and training documentation for end users
- Change set and release management (sandbox and production). Document all changes in Data Dictionary
- Help users develop or finetune reports so they yield meaningful metrics
- Stay current on changes and new releases to Salesforce and third party apps, understand how those changes will affect the organization
Gift Processing and Reporting
- Manage gift processing for individual, corporate, foundation, and government gifts/grants and work with staff to ensure acknowledgements are sent out in a timely manner. This includes supervising staff and interns supporting with gift processing for major events.
- Administer and maintain master agency donor database and email lists
- Develop, reconcile, create, and continue to improve regular fundraising reports for the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer, and Board of Directors, along with the Director of Development
- Working closely with the Executive Assistants, lead the monthly moves management meetings, track and report on major gift donors and grant funder goals
- Document the moves management practices along with the Chief Development Officer, train and support staff in adopting these practices
- Oversee prospect identification and qualification efforts (document practices, implementation and reporting)
Appeals and Communications
- Coordinate appeals activities (mailings, emails, etc.) as directed by the Director of Communications and Chief Development Officer
- Manage the online donation platform and related apps, collaborating with the Director of Communications to ensure consistent branding and integration with FLY’s website
- Coordinate the annual report including creating a timeline and tracking deadlines from various contributors
- Prepare mailing lists and schedule emails through MailChimp
- Report on annual fund results
- Produce annual donor recognition lists for website and annual report
- Administer all Salesforce integrations and third-party applications, beginning with building out the back-end events management app, for successful guest registration, check in, and donation experience at FLY’s benefit events
- Manage registration and guest check in, and collaborate with DoD and CDO to create seating plan
- Train and supervise event volunteers to support with registration, setup, guest check-in, post-event clean up, and gift processing
- Coordinate event communications with the support of the Director of Communications
- Monitor sponsor commitments, recognition, and payments (including invoicing and acknowledgements)
- Provide administrative support for the implementation of smaller department events
- Attend development and program specific events on behalf of FLY, as directed by supervisor
- Attend organization and Program meetings/trainings including: monthly staff meetings, staff trainings, and staff retreats
- Utilize professional development monies to stay current on best practices related to job
- Adhere to all FLY policies and procedures
- Adhere to, uphold and incorporate FLY’s values into all relations with youth, staff, and community stakeholders/volunteers:
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or equivalent CRM system required
- Ability to work independently as well as support team members and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, multi-divisional environment with skills to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with high level of both oral and written expression with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Superior interpersonal skills required to work with diverse parties including donors, FLY staff, staff, vendors, clients (youth), volunteers, and board members
- Proven ability to be adaptable in the face of changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think critically
- Must have high level of enthusiasm, stamina, and creativity
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail are a must
- Excellent computer skills a must
- Must demonstrate an extremely professional manner, positive can do attitude, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Availability for evening and weekend special events
Qualification and Competency Requirements
Positional Competencies – required for our Development Coordinator
· Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field.
· Nonprofit and Volunteer Experience: Work or volunteer experience with underserved and disadvantaged youth is a plus.
· Strategic Project Management: Experience and proven ability to develop and implement creative structures of support and accountability among peers and teams. Proven administrative and time management skills with the ability to supervise and lead grant proposal projects from beginning to end with support from the Director of Community Resources.
· Strong Communication & Customer Service Skills: Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel, including the ability to effectively gather and present information to top management, program staff, and Development stakeholders. Professional and friendly language, tone and energy when speaking will all internal and external stakeholders.
· Enthusiasm for Data Collection and Database Maintenance: 2+ years of experience with Salesforce or an equivalent CRM database is a plus. (Salesforce Admin certification preferred)
The Development Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position. FLY offers a competitive salary structure and full benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.