We are looking for a Director, Member Engagement & Readiness to be a key relationship manager with our network. This position will develop, maintain, and deepen meaningful and authentic relationships with and between current Meals on Wheels America Members, with the goal of promoting and connecting members to the activities of Meals on Wheels Health. The successful candidate will be a results-oriented problem solver with the ability to drive results by leading cross-group execution, build consensus through stakeholder participation, and elevate engagement through stakeholder communications.
The Director, Member Engagement & Readiness will report to and work closely with the Chief Health Officer to ensure that the MOWH team’s interactions with Members is consistent with the priorities and strategic direction set forth by the Meals on Wheels America Executive Leadership and Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Member Engagement and Development
- Build relationships with Members and learn about their priorities for participation with MOWH health projects; and use that knowledge to develop a strategic plan for outreach and engagement programming.
- Support new Member onboarding by helping organizations navigate our resources and events.
- Act as an ongoing point of contact for Members on participation and administrative matters.
- Provide regular updates on the Members who have been identified as potential health delivery partners; and advise on how we can best help strengthen that community and improve the value proposition for Members.
- Lead implementation of strategies to enhance engagement with current Meals on Wheels America Members to develop Meals on Wheels Health partners.
- Collaborate with Membership and the Director, Learning and Development to ensure responsive, relevant learning and connection opportunities that meet the needs of our Members.
- Lead the development and implementation of learning, action, and investment opportunities for Member segments.
- Complete ongoing assessment and ensure alignment with the Meals on Wheels Health value proposition.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that Member engagement goals are realized annually.
- Collaborate with the MOWH team to provide customized service and technical help in response to Member requests regarding health partnership opportunities and requirements.
- Work collegially with all staff to ensure the smooth operations of the organization.
- Collaborate with team in developing organization-wide strategies and MOWH goals for our Member programs.
- Contribute to fundraising as part of the capacity grants for Members and project status reporting efforts in support of strategic programming and activities.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and other organizational planning efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5-7 years or more year(s) related work experience or comparable relevant education and experience
- Proven program management experience across multiple complex programs, an understanding of cross-functional organizational capabilities, and the ability to marshal the right resources from across the membership to effectively deliver solutions
- Ability to facilitate collaboration, drive consensus, and deliver value among and to membership
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships at all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills that include exceptional negotiation skills, able to drive alignment across many teams
- Relationship, stakeholder, or membership management experience
- Experience planning and facilitating effective internal meetings and events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a person of integrity, capable of excellent judgement and decision-making skills, showing the utmost discretion in the management of confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, ability to anticipate needs and effectively manage priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Fast learner who is flexible and adaptable
Please consider applying if you meet 75% of the qualifications.
Benefits - healthcare, dental, vision, Life/STD/LTD, 403(b) with company match.
Meals on Wheels America is an Inclusive Workforce/Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.