Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) means “Our Little Brothers and Sisters” in Spanish. NPH transforms the lives of vulnerable children in Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru. Together, we help children overcome poverty and become productive, caring leaders in their own communities. Founded in 1954 by Father William Wasson, NPH is supporting nearly 8,000 children, both inside and outside our homes, ensuring they have a safe and nurturing place to live, an education, clothing, healthcare, and a strong family support system. In addition, NPH’s St. Damien Pediatric Hospital employs more than 500 Haitians and is the only hospital wholly dedicated to pediatric and prenatal care in Haiti, a country of 11.5 million people.
NPH USA, a fundraising organization for NPH International, is headquartered in Chicago with fundraising offices in three areas covering the West and South; Midwest; and East Coast. NPH International is headquartered in Mexico, with other fundraising offices in Europe, Austria, and Canada.
NPH USA connects supporters’ passions and interests to the transformational work of Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos impacting the lives of children, families and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We envision a world where vulnerable children, families, and communities have access to the resources and opportunities they need to thrive.
· Honor Donor Relationships
· Fulfill Commitment to NPHI
· Live the Values of Fr. Wasson
· Show GRATITUDE in all we do
· Foster authentic RELATIONSHIP and true connection
· Act with INTEGRITY always
· Accept RESPONSIBILITY for our mission and our commitments
· Work in COLLABORATION to achieve more together
· Operate with TRANSPARENCY and honesty
· Embrace DIVERSITY, EQUITY and INCLUSION, building a better organization and a better world
The Senior Donor Relations Officer builds and expands relationships with new and existing donors to support the work of NPH International. Within our donor-centered culture, you will manage a portfolio of 100-120 donors and prospects, meeting personally with donors whenever possible.
The Senior Donor Relations Officer will connect and foster donor relationships, build visibility and impact and secure financial resources. This individual will design and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual, corporate and foundation philanthropic support.
Your portfolio will include individuals, foundations, businesses, and other organizations. You will support the fundraising activity of Board members in your area, identify potential new donors, support area fundraising events, and both coordinate and accompany donors on visits to our NPH homes.
The Senior Donor Relations Officer will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing operational strategies and execution needed to grow and support annual gifts, child sponsorships, major gifts, special events, corporate, and foundation support. The Senior Donor Relations Officer will expand and diversify NPH USA’s donor base and work closely with the area Vice President to secure program funding.
It is expected that the Senior Donor Relations Officer is a strong leader who embodies a clear understanding and passion for NPH USA’s mission, vision, organizational imperatives, values, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Senior Donor Relations Officer will:
· Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 120 major donors and prospects and be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these individuals, corporations and foundations;
· Develop and follow multi-year cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for each portfolio member – facilitating deeper connections between donor interests, philanthropic goals and the needs of NPH;
· Travel throughout assigned area to make donor and prospect exploratory, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits consistent with assigned targets;
· Implement a structured program for fostering strong relationships with targeted individual and institutional donor constituencies, involving where appropriate the CEO, board members, and other members of the NPH family as appropriate;
· Ensure the successful execution of all development strategy which includes the planning, execution and follow-up of donor trips and fundraising events;
· In partnership with the local board chair and other board members, oversee the involvement, identification, training, and support of fundraising volunteers in outreach and solicitation;
· Participate in long-range strategic planning for NPH USA; prepare annual operating plans and budgets, incorporating fundraising projections into the budget of the organization;
· Oversee the selection, performance management, and development of a direct reports, working closely to grow skill levels in fundraising and cross-functional collaboration to achieve fundraising goals.
Candidates should have the following type of experience and characteristics:
· A minimum of 5-8 years of fundraising experience. Major gift experience, preferred.
• A proven track record in leading fundraising campaigns with extensive nonprofit fundraising experience in a roll-up-your sleeves environment and a demonstrated ability to leverage a strong brand and established programs to draw the attention of donors;
· Broad-based knowledge of and experience with various development activities including planned giving, major gift programs, event planning and management, direct solicitations, leveraging fundraising databases and support systems for donor segmentation, research and volunteer management;
· An exceptional communicator, in writing as well as verbally; a good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan;
· Experience engaging volunteers and staff in the fundraising process, preferably for a national organization, an organization that funds services for children, or an organization that raises contributed funds that are invested overseas;
· Ability and willingness to travel domestically and international, as needed.
· Driver’s license and personal transportation required.
Send resume and cover letter to recruiting. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) means “Our Little Brothers and Sisters” in Spanish. NPH transforms the lives of vulnerable children in Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru…
NPH USA believes in having a strong commitment to mission and to its employees. Our benefits plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our staff with competitive medical, dental and vision packages, cell phone reimbursement, life insurance, and a 403b with a company match. We promote life-work balance with a generous paid time-off program.
NPH USA believes in having a strong commitment to mission and to its employees. Our benefits plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our staff with competitive medical…
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and…