- This full-time facilitator role would be primarily fulfilled on Monday - Friday from the hours of 8:45am to 5pm*.
- Employment begins on August 8th, 2022.
- Compensation is an annual salary of $40,000.
- At this time we do not offer health insurance or benefits.
- The facilitator will have to go through a background check.
- Participation in an Agile Learning Facilitator training is highly desired.
- Long-term hire with the opportunity to become the lead facilitator.
* The job includes breaks during all school holidays.
*The compensation for this role also includes additional “off-site” time, estimated at 1 hour/day, to account for any prep work done before or after school, communications with staff and parents outside of school hours, and any other spontaneous needs that emerge within the scope of the facilitator's role in the community.
*Opportunities for additional compensation are available through the ability to organize formal or informal camps during school breaks and/or over the summer.
This is the perfect role for you if...
- You have experience cultivating authentic, respectful, and partnership-based relationships with people of all ages and will take great joy in leading a Spawn Point (small group of mixed-aged students) that meets each day to connect, set intentions, and reflect together.
- You are a passionate, curious, and joyful person with a variety of interests and abilities that you will enjoy sharing with young people through Offerings made at our Set-the-Week meeting and through spontaneous, self-organized activities.
- You are excited to practice the art of “maximum support with minimal interference” in the context of working with young people.
- You are motivated to work towards social justice initiatives within the context of intentional community building, including supporting our ALC in playing an active role in the liberation and empowerment of historically disenfranchised and marginalized students.
- You understand and are aligned with the basic principles of Self-Directed Education.
- You are comfortable self-starting, adapting to changing circumstances, not always having the answer, navigating interpersonal relationships, coordinating logistics, and communicating effectively in multiple forms.
- You are, yourself, self-directed: you don’t need to be told what to do in order to be productive in your role; you can notice what needs to be done and take action, while communicating effectively with team members along the way
- You live in, or are easily able to relocate to, New Orleans LA.
- BONUS: You have a driver’s license and are a safe driver.
- BONUS: You can speak multiple languages.
Candidates from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply. Dat School/ALC of New Orleans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, religion, nor national or ethnic origin.