2258 - AUDITOR, ASIA (WITH CHINESE READING/WRITING SKILLS)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks Auditor, Asia to join the Compliance team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Auditor conducts financial monitoring of NED Grantees in Asia. This shall include conducting risk assessments and monitoring of grantee’s compliance with Federal rules and regulations and NED’s grant making policies and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate risk category (low, medium, or high risk) of a potential grantee based on the risk assessment.
- Develop a monitoring plan, specifying the type of monitoring activities to be conducted for a grantee based on the results of the risk assessment process.
- Conduct monitoring activities specified in a grantee’s monitoring plan including but not limited to the daily transaction ledger reviews and invoice reviews.
- Prepare the audit/compliance reports which detail any identified observations, findings or questioned costs, as well as the respective recommendations for corrective actions and resolution of deficiencies identified in the compliance monitoring process.
- Demonstrate effective representational skills, increasing the profile of the department by participating in NED internal working groups and in grantee proposal reviews held jointly with Grants and Program staff.
- Prepare presentation and training materials for use in conducting financial management training workshops in overseas locations, when required.
- Ensure that grants are timely closed out by verifying that all the required monitoring activities have been conducted and questioned costs, if any, were resolved.
- Ensure that respective data input in the Grants Management System is pertinent at all times.
- Perform ad hoc special engagements or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 2+ years of related experience (public accounting, auditing, accounts payable, or related);
- Experience in financial monitoring and reporting is required;
- Working knowledge of OMB’s Uniform Guidance: 2 CFR Part 200 Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards is preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Other Qualifications:
- Ability to read and write in Chinese is required;
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Auditing and report writing skills;
- Ability to develop rapport quickly and easily;
- Ability to present audit findings with tact and sensitivity;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email@example.com.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The NED is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The NED believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as an organization operating globally and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.