The SEIU Colorado State Council is hiring an experienced digital media strategist to design and execute ambitious organic and paid digital campaigns to deliver political wins for working people in Colorado. This is a part-time role, with an estimated 20/hours week of work. Experience in organizing on political or union drives, as well as digital organizing experience, is preferred. Salary and benefits are highly competitive. Hiring begins immediately, This position reports to the Colorado State Council Director, but will work in close coordination with SEIU Locals as well as the SEIU International organization.
● Design, write, and manage mass email campaigns, social media and print graphics, digital engagement forms and online actions, mass text message communications, and basic HTML website editing.
● Design and execute growth plans for social media platforms that reach supporters, including elected officials, core Dem voters, and target voters, with a steadily growing following, robust organic engagement, and daily on-brand, on-message content. This may include targeting paid posts/boost to core audiences
● Build and support virtual communities of activists and leaders, including building virtual communities on Facebook and other platforms
● Three years experience in digital organizing,, digital media or marketing or comparable experience
● High level of proficiency with digital engagement media channels , including:
○ P2P text platforms
○ Email marketing
○ Blast text platforms
○ Ability to design content using Adobe, Canva, or other design tools
○ Familiarity with WordPress
○ Familiarity with Facebook business pages and groups
○ Familiarity with Instagram and Twitter, including stories features
● Basic HTML and website editing skills.
● Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
● Strong copywriting skills.
● Experience using design software and ability to quickly produce high-quality, on-brand social media graphics and designs
● Attention to detail
● Preference for candidates with experience with unions, political organizations, campaigns, or advocacy organizations
● Experience building successful digital engagement programs
● Experience or familiarity with growing and sustaining healthy online communities, such as Facebook groups
● Familiarity with basic CRM tools
● Ability to take ownership over the planning and execution of digital organizing programs
● A strong desire to learn and test promising tactics, approaches and platforms in the digital space
● Commitment to working people and unions, and a hunger for fighting for justice
The SEIU Colorado State Council is hiring an experienced digital media strategist to design and execute ambitious organic and paid digital campaigns to deliver political wins for working people in Colorado. This is a part-time role, with…
Plus health care allowance.
Plus health care allowance.