ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth (Advocates) partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights to bodily autonomy and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to secure sexual health and equity for all youth.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Through funding from private foundations and government agencies, Advocates partners with state-based organizations, school districts, schools, youth-serving organizations, community-based agencies, and health care providers to build support for and capacity to promote youth sexual health and rights, including the provision of school-based sexuality education and sexual health services.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The Program Manager, HIV Campaigns will oversee the implementation of Advocates’ project with CDC’s Prevention Communication Branch. The Program Manager will lead Advocates’ efforts to implement Partnering and Communicating Together, an initiative to support the dissemination of CDC’s Let’s Stop HIV Together (Together) campaign among Black/Latinx young people, 18-24 with a focus on: male; female; trans male; trans female; and genderqueer/gender non-conforming via the use of digital and social media platforms. The Program Manager will also help support Advocates’ annual National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day (NYHAAD) campaign. Specifically, the Program Manager will:
● Partner with at least 15 Black and Latinx young people from Advocates’ existing cohorts, including, Engaging Communities around HIV Organizing (ECHO) and YouthResource to support Advocates’ digital and social media efforts.
● Work with the organization’s Communications Team to leverage Advocates’ social media to disseminate campaign messages and materials.
● Partner with Advocates’ youth activists cohorts to host digital and social media efforts.
● Develop and implement digital media activities to increase HIV awareness, reduce new HIV infections, and improve health outcomes for Black and Latinx young people with HIV.
● Oversee partner engagement with community-based, state-based, and national organizations serving Black and Latinx young people to expand the reach of Together.
● Disseminate campaign materials to community-based, state-based, and national partners.
● Engage partners in social media activities and events as well as digital dissemination of campaign messages and materials.
● Engage NYHAAD youth ambassadors advocating for policy change, hosting events, and
centering youth leadership on social media.
● Support the engagement of partners and Advocates’ youth activists in advocating for policy change, hosting events, centering young people living with HIV during AIDS Awareness Week.
● Establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with CDC and funded grantees.
● Developing working relationships with national, state, and local reproductive and sexual health organizations, youth-serving organizations, and community-based organizations.
● Cultivating new contacts and linkages to further Advocates’ mission and expand program effectiveness.
● Representing Advocates on working groups, committees, and/or coalitions, as needed.
● Developing work plans, timelines, and activities designed to achieve program goals.
● Drafting bi-annual project reports and preparing annual project budgets.
● Conducting monitoring and evaluation, tracking program deliverables using both qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods.
● Participating in overall organizational strategic and operational planning.
● Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum of three years of experience in adolescent reproductive and sexual health, including HIV/STI prevention and LGBTQ-related program and policy issues, and/or a relevant field—preferably health education or public health. Experience advocating for the needs of LGBTQ youth, in particular Black and Latinx young people ages 13-24. Demonstrated experience working with Black and Latinx young people, LGBTQ young people and young people living with HIV through a racial justice and health equity lens. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with youth leaders, national organizations, youth-service organizations, and community-based organizations, particularly people of color organizations helpful. Candidate should have extensive experience in social media communication and ability to utilize multiple social media platforms. Candidate should have a basic understanding of storytelling and how to incorporate storytelling into the work in order to raise youth visibility. Candidate must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, management, administrative, and interpersonal skills; have the ability to contribute to a positive team environment; and the ability to balance multiple projects at once. Qualified candidates must have a commitment to Advocates for Youth’s mission and goals.Candidate should also have demonstrated technical skills in preparation of written materials. Candidate should have the ability to travel. Qualified candidates must be committed to Advocates for Youth’s mission and goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth (Advocates) partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights to bodily autonomy and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to secure sexual…
This is a full time position (35 hours per week) and includes health/dental benefits, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and student loan paydown benefit.
This is a position based in Washington, DC or remotely (Eastern Time required).
This is a full time position (35 hours per week) and includes health/dental benefits, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and student loan…
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no longer than three pages each), and three references by November 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Program Manager, HIV Campaigns and last name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until December 3, 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No telephone calls or email inquiries, please.
Advocates for Youth is an equal Opportunity/ Americans with Disabilities Act employer and strongly encourages people of color and LGBTQ people to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no longer than three pages each), and three references by November 30, 2021 to email@example.com with subject line…