The Vice President, Information Technology Core Services position: will develop and articulate the infrastructure, operations, and IT service management vision of the organization; will be a key part of the senior IT leadership team; is considered a leader in the information technology department; and will oversee creating and managing a reliable, resilient, and secure IT infrastructure as well as effective, comprehensive IT computing and support services, related strategies, and operational standards. The VPIT, Core Services reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
The Vice President, IT Core Services:
- Establishes the vision, future direction, and strategic use of infrastructure, enterprise applications, and other information systems for optimum end‐user productivity. Proponent of new and emerging technologies while understanding impact on the organization. Establishes short and long‐range objectives for the organization’s Core Services strategy and gains stakeholder buy‐in. Establishes criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success of related projects and initiatives.
- Supports a positive Information Services organizational culture through strong leadership that drives a customer services and performance‐based culture around delivery excellence; and remains current with new advancements in technology and issues affecting healthcare information technology and their potential impact on the organization's ability to deliver care and meet strategic initiatives.
- Maintains existing enterprise systems, while providing direction in all technology‐related issues in support of information operations. Provides guidance and collaborates on department policies, facilitates reporting requirements, and defines standard metrics and scorecards to drive operation performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the CIO to strategize, manage, integrate, and coordinate the overall IT direction and strategy
- Provides high‐level thought leadership, strategic business development, technical innovation, and
- operational planning for the infrastructure, computing services, and enterprise applications areas
- Advises and partners with the SVP of Health Information Systems to provide robust and resilient
- infrastructure services in support of the Electronic Health Records platform
- Implements and supports a customer service culture that aims to ensure end‐users’ needs are
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to influence decisions and outcomes and
- facilitates consensus
- Oversees the development of the Core Services roadmap and execution of prioritized and approved
- Builds and manages a comprehensive program management posture supporting the entire IT
- Ensures IT service delivery processes including maintenance, operational support, optimization, business
- continuity, and quality management
- Ensures compliance with IT quality and security processes and procedures, identifying and addressing
- any compliance issues
- Manages 3rd party vendors and resources and ensures value‐add for deployment on prioritized
- Maintains thorough understanding of global, state, and federal laws and regulation related to data
- privacy and overall compliance
- Fosters a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill
- development, coaching for improvement and growth
- Leads and supports the IT Communication Plan including communication to the organization as a whole,
- as well as, internally to IT staff
- Participates in the IT budgeting process including the operational and capital budgets
- Assists in establishing service and operating level agreements and resource productivity targets
- Collaborates with the Talent department to implement strategies to grow and develop the IT workforce,
- including new and emerging skills needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelors or higher degree in an IT or healthcare‐related field required, with significant experience in
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of demonstrated progressively responsible IT operations and service leadership related
- experience in a multi‐site health system organization.
- Demonstrated success and expertise in broad information technology healthcare leadership, including
- improving customer satisfaction, evaluating innovative advanced technology, managing fiscal
- performance, and partnering with clinical and business stakeholders
- Very strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including the relationships between providers,
- payors, and pharma.
- Working knowledge of the ITIL aligned service management methodologies
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated team building and motivation skills.
- Working knowledge of analytical reporting and translating reporting needs into technical specifications.
- ITIL v3/v4 desired
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- CISSP Certification
- Covid-19 Note
- In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Thresholds, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.