Title: Case Manager
Program: Next Step
Next Step is Project Renewal’s award-winning job placement program which places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Since 2000, Project Renewal has helped nearly 5,000 New Yorkers find and retain employment, achieve economic security, lead more fulfilling lives, and positively contribute to their communities.
The Case Manager will enroll individuals into Next Step employment training programs, guiding them from intake to training to job search and employment. The Case Manager will also be responsible for coordination with referral sources, the NYC Human Resource Administration, and other providers to document client eligibility and progress in city and internal systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, duties include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment and Intake:
· Assist in recruiting candidates for Next Step Training Programs
· Conduct info sessions, schedule interviews and intakes for applicants and complete enrollment paperwork
· Document, maintain and upload all required documents for all candidates interviewed for program
· Meeting with clients individually to assess current skills and barriers, to develop a career plan
· Implement service plans for participants accepted to program based on their needs
· Coordinate with various government agencies to determine and track participant eligibility in specific contracts.
· Assist participants in addressing challenges that may impede them from attending and/or completing the training program
· Document attendance and participants progress in Salesforce and other systems required by funding sources
· Maintain weekly contact with participants while enrolled in training
· Prepare clients for the world of work through individualized activities including resume and cover letter development, assistance with applications, and resource referrals.
· Facilitate workshops to support client’s successful participation in the workforce.
Job Retention Services:
· Manage a caseload of employed participants and provide ongoing job retention services that meet program goals
· Obtain job placement and retention (30, 90, 180, 365 days) milestone documentation including pay stubs and employment verification forms
· Communicate with employed participants on job functions and help navigate any barriers to sustained employment.
· Coordinate with other team members to advise on participants status and assist participants with career advancement goals
· Maintain employment data such as wage increases, promotions, resignations, and terminations in various systems.
· Other duties as assigned
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
· Understand the needs of the participants who have histories of homelessness, justice involvement, substance use, and mental illness
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work under deadlines and changing priorities
· Ability to produce clear, accurate and well-organized case notes
· Maintain confidentiality of client records
· Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
· B.A. degree preferred
· Excellent presentation and communication skills required
· Prior case management, counseling, or workforce development experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of virtual platforms (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, Google Classroom, etc.…)
· Preferred: Good working knowledge of Salesforce or another database
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to email@example.com
Title: Case Manager
Program: Next Step
Next Step is Project Renewal’s award-winning job placement program which places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Since 2000…
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care & commuter expenses); Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Generous Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick and Holidays
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care &…