162 Fifth Avenue
Hospitality staff are responsible for the general operations of office pantries and the staff dining room that serves 400+ staff on a daily basis.
This responsibility includes assisting with Seamless web lunch orders, unpacking and stocking food supplies, organizing and scheduling cleaning for multiple pantries, keeping track of inventory, loading and unloading commercial dishwashers, meeting/event setup and cleanup, for all our offices located at 160 Fifth Avenue and 162 Fifth Avenue. This position requires coverage for lunch Monday to Friday and dinner Tuesdays and Thursdays (summer dinners are five days a week, from June to August). Hospitality's operational hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. There will be different shifts offered to cover this time frame with a rotational schedule.
This is a temporary position that is expected to last three months or more. It could become permanent for the right candidate.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary liaison with staff and hospitality vendors regarding all hospitality needs of the foundation
- Prepare lunch order list and print labels
- Accept and set up lunch deliveries
- Identify and resolve issues with food delivery and make recommendations to avoid issues in the future
- Unpack and organize hospitality items for the main dining room and all office pantries located at 160 Fifth Avenue and 162 Fifth Avenue
- Assist with lunch and breakfast meeting setup and cleanup. Return the room to its original state in a timely manner after the conclusion of a meeting.
- Special Events - accept food deliveries and set up in the appropriate meeting location.
- Keep the pantries, shelves, refrigerator and floors clean and tidy.
- Load and unload dishwashers
- Monitor all pantry supplies including condiments, fruits and snacks, paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Escalate repair and cleaning issues to the appropriate facilities repair team when required
- Assist the manager and supervisor with various administrativetasks
- Compose online posts with important updates, reminders and events information on behalf of the department.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes from team meetings
- Revise Hospitality documents with updates and new procedures
- Perform data entry of employee lunch orders on a weekly basis
- Handle sensitive informationin a confidential manner
- Reply to email, telephone and in-person inquirieswhile maintaining professional communication with other departments, as well as the Hospitality Team.
- Design and upload presentation slides to television monitors using Canva and Trilbysystem
- Compose instructional guides for new software used by the Hospitality Team
- Update and back up laptops monthly
- Submit expense reports through Concur
- Createsignageas needed for pantries and the 11th floor dining room
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Excellent interpersonal skills; position requires the ability to work well with others in a team setting and to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Comfortable with daily cleaning and being on your feet for most of the day
- Able to prioritize, handle demands and meet deadlines.
- Must have computer and phone communication skills
- Able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to complete responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Punctual, reliable and flexible.
- Find projects during downtime with awareness of the daily routine
- Experience in a similar position a plus
- Able to lift 30+ pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite applications
- Experience using macOS X system
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/wyNoneIbwwxBcdMLC5n1P" />