The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
Manager, Federal and State Policy
Serve as senior member of the Federal and State Policy team to manage, develop, and advise on policy issues, training and technical assistance that contributes to the expansion and enhancement of health care access and delivery, and establish resources that help health centers effectively advance policies and promising practices to fulfill their mission.
- Manage, support, and advise Community Health Centers, state Primary Care Associations, and Health Center Controlled Networks on key state and federal policy issues, including COVID response, state Medicaid, telehealth, behavioral health, 340B prescription drugs, FQHC payment and delivery reform (including value-based pay, Prospective Payment Systems and Alternative Payment Methodologies), and primary care workforce issues
- Organize and conduct national trainings and learning collaboratives for staff at health centers, Primary Care Associations, and Health Center Controlled Networks.
- Develop and disseminate issue briefs, best practice reports, tools, updates, and other similar documents on state policy issues.
- Provide support, analysis, and technical assistance to primary care associations on state-based Medicaid waivers, Medicare policy, payment and delivery reform and other key issues.
- Establish tools at health centers, Primary Care Associations, and Health Center Controlled Networks can leverage to communicate with key audiences.
- Present at national and state events (conference, webinars).
- Identify and serve as liaison to key national and community organizations involved in payment and delivery transformation.
- Coordinate with other team members whose work intersects with portfolio, including coverage, access, workforce.
- Develop and monitor appropriate operating budgets and work plans for each assigned project.
- Assist in identifying and applying for new funding opportunities.
Qualifications for Position:
- Previous work experience related to Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, community health centers, value-based payment and/or other health policy issues preferred.
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in public policy, public health, or a related field, with at least 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, including significant and increasing responsibility for leading projects.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of health policy issues.
- Superior analytic and communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to perform independently, take initiative, balance, and prioritize multiple ongoing projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.