Civic Works Energy Programs makes it easy and affordable for Baltimore City and Central Maryland residents to make home energy improvements. As a “one stop shop” for a suite of home energy efficiency and rooftop solar installation programs, Civic Works helps homeowners and renters of all income levels maximize energy bill savings, while also improving the comfort and safety of the home. As a social enterprise operating within Civic Works’ job training center, Civic Works Energy Programs is simultaneously able to provide transformative opportunities to unemployed/underemployed residents for on-the-job training and a pathway to a great job with family-sustaining wages and benefits.
In 2022, with key partners and funding in place, Civic Works is poised to significantly expand the team and the impact on Baltimore area residents and communities -- specifically through a) the expansion of our free low-income energy efficiency programs and b) the launch of a brand new low-income solar program. Civic Works is adding an additional organized and detail-oriented project assistant to collect, process, and compile weatherization project data and documentation, utilizing our Salesforce database and a variety of other cloud-based tools.
Civic Works’ green initiatives have been highlighted by Green for All, The Baltimore Sun, The Washington Post, the US Conference of Mayors, and the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission. Join us in creating a more just and equitable clean energy economy. For more information regarding our residential energy programs, please visit http://energyprograms.civicworks.com. For more information regarding our broader work in workforce development, please visit http://sustainablecareers.civicworks.com
The Weatherization Project Assistant will support the expansion of Civic Works energy efficiency programs, specializing in tracking details for comprehensive energy audits and weatherization projects and compiling grant reports. The Weatherization Project Assistant will be responsible for the accurate and timely updating of records in Salesforce, used for tracking open projects, open customer support issues, and open invoices. The Assistant will also work backwards to ensure funder reporting and invoicing deadlines are met. The Assistant will collaborate with the production team, the energy advising team, and subcontractors to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
1. Weatherization Project Tracking
1. Track open comprehensive energy audit and weatherization projects from start to finish in our Salesforce database. Duties include: running regular status reports on open projects in Salesforce, making accurate and timely updates to project records, and following up with coworkers and subcontractors when milestone deadlines are not met.
2. Track open customer support cases from start to finish in our Salesforce database. Duties include: running regular status reports on open customer support cases in Salesforce, making accurate and timely updates to case records, and following up with coworkers and subcontractors when customer complaints are not resolved in a timely fashion.
3. Track credit card receipts and open vendor invoices in our Salesforce database, to ensure receipts get transmitted to Civic Works’ Central accounting office in a timely fashion. This includes weatherization subcontractor invoices associated with specific energy audit and weatherization projects. This also includes receipts associated with other operational expenses, such as vehicle maintenance and gas, building maintenance, and marketing supplies and event fees.
Weatherization Grant Reporting and Customer Invoicing
1. Support a timely turnaround of project completion to the reimbursement of Civic Works for services rendered. Duties include: downloading supporting written and photo documentation, organizing electronic files, entering key project data and household data into our Salesforce database, following up with co-workers and subcontractors when documentation requirements are not met.
2. Work closely with the Contracting Manager to prepare accurate reports for grant funders. Duties include: downloading data from Salesforce, reformatting the data into grant reporting templates, and compiling supporting documentation.
1. Provide backup support to the Energy Conservation Coordinator in processing updates to the schedule of home energy efficiency and solar appointments. Duties include: blocking immediate calendar holds, verifying intake fields are complete in Salesforce, converting records from leads to clients, and finalizing calendar events.
2. Provide backup support to the Energy Conservation Coordinator in conducting confirmations of home energy appointments, including screenings for symptoms of Covid-19 via text message or phone.
3. Evaluate protocols for continuous improvement and work closely with the Contracting Manager to adapt processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
Civic Works Energy Programs makes it easy and affordable for Baltimore City and Central Maryland residents to make home energy improvements. As a “one stop shop” for a suite of home energy efficiency and rooftop solar…