Our Brookside School, located in Cottekill, NY, is seeking a full-time Preschool Special Education Teacher for our new school year beginning in September.
The Preschool Special Education Teacher’s primary role is to provide educational services in an integrated setting to prepare these students for entry into kindergarten or a school age special education program. The domains to be addressed include:
- Social and Emotional Development, Language Development and Communication Skills, Cognitive Development/Intellectual Abilities, Motor Development, Personal Health and Safety Skills, and Approaches to Learning.
- Develop and carryout goals and objectives and to be prepared to present progress on these goals at annual reviews for each preschool student with a disability enrolled in their class.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate activities based on indicators for kindergarten readiness and the goals and objects of each student’s IEP.
- Develop weekly lesson plans and assure they are available for all classroom staff to carry out in their absence.
- Appropriately supervise and evaluate teaching assistants and teacher aides assigned to the classroom.
- Communicate effectively with parents of all students using techniques such as daily notes, phone contact, parent conferences, the Remind app, and, when possible, inviting parents to participate in classroom activities.
- Complete all required preschool screenings and testings required for the Universal Pre-K students in the classroom.
- Work cooperatively and communicate frequently with related service providers who provide services to students to the students in the classroom.
- Complete all necessary documentation required including IEP updates, Progress Notes and Annual Progress Summaries for all students in a timely manner and in the required format.
- Complete all mandatory trainings and continue professional growth in all areas necessary to improve quality of services.
- Ensure the safety of all students by assuring that they are properly supervised at all times.
We offer a generous benefits package for our full-time staff, including tuition assistance!
HOURS: 8:30 am to 3:00 pm/Monday through Friday/School Calendar (with option to work summer program)
- NYS Certification in Special Education Pre-K-12 or Early Childhood Special Education Birth-2
- NYS Certification in Early Childhood Birth-2 preferred
- Experience with preschool or primary grade students