Position Summary: The Facilities Manager manages all restoration, repairs and on-going maintenance of the historic structures, grounds and administrative offices of the Thomas Cole National Historic Site. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and collaborates with the entire staff to ensure all facilities are functioning properly and that the Site’s structures and grounds remain pristine for years to come.
· Manage the restoration, repair and on-going maintenance of Thomas Cole National Historic Site buildings, offices and grounds.
· In collaboration with Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Executive Director (ED), maintain a list of restoration, repair projects and regularly scheduled maintenance duties, prioritizing and updating on an ongoing basis.
· Regularly inspect buildings and grounds; identify and communicate to COO any needed restoration, repairs or other facility related issues; propose and apply a course of action. Engage the assistance of any necessary staff and/or contractors.
· In collaboration with historic preservation and landscape consultants, ensure that the greatest care is taken to plan and execute repairs in a manner that is in keeping with the highest standards of historic restoration and maintaining the integrity of the Site’s historic structures and grounds.
· Oversee a staff of two part-time Caretakers and one part-time Facilities Assistant, ensuring that work assignment goals and expectations are clearly communicated and assignments are completed properly and in a timely manner.
· Identify and maintain a list of construction, maintenance and other facilities-related contractors who have highest standards of quality workmanship, timeliness and pricing. Obtain estimates and oversee their work.
· Participate in planning of and oversee the execution of facilities-related capital projects, meet project deadlines, insuring that all applicable expenses fall within project budgets.
· Insure that all necessary permits and permissions for construction projects are obtained in a timely manner.
· Perform additional related work as assigned.
Required and Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience and knowledge of home, facilities and grounds maintenance.
· Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· High level of attention to detail, sense of urgency, and agility to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
· Strong collaboration skills with ability to work independently.
· Preferred but not required skills:
- Experience managing the care and maintenance of a public historic property.
- Knowledge of 19th center historic structures and related principles, practices and techniques for their restoration, repair and maintenance.
Location, Schedule and Compensation: The site is located in Catskill, New York. This position has flexible hours and could be full time or part time based on candidate’s qualifications. Compensation is based on skills and experience.
Physicial Demands: Must be able to lift, push, pull, hold, and/or carry objects and equipment weighing 25-50 lbs. on a frequent basis. Must be able to climb stairs. Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours at a time on a frequent basis. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl frequently throughout the day.
Position Summary: The Facilities Manager manages all restoration, repairs and on-going maintenance of the historic structures, grounds and administrative offices of the Thomas Cole National Historic Site. This position reports to the…