Yonkers Partners in Education (YPIE) is a nonprofit organization located in Yonkers, NY that partners with students to ensure they are ready for, enroll in, and complete college. We confront the challenges of a low-income, urban school district by providing families with equitable access to the critical tools and services necessary for college success.
Job Mission: The Director, Strategic Partnerships, reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships and working closely with the Senior Director, Communication and Director, Community Engagement, is responsible for the management of a robust fundraising program that raises over $2.5 million annually through a combination of major gifts, corporate, foundation and government partnerships and fundraising events. Specific responsibilities include:
Donor Management and Communications (30%):
- Maintain, in collaboration with the Manager, Operations, YPIE’s donor management system, DonorPerfect as the core tool for acknowledging, managing, tracking and stewarding individual, corporate, foundation and government donors.
- Oversee a reliable system for tracking and acknowledging all gifts.
- Enhance YPIE’s individual and corporate moves management system to weekly review donor outreach goals, touchpoints, follow ups and thank you’s.
- Generate development reports as needed for the Development Committee, Board and other meetings.
- Introduce innovations to enhance the effectiveness and long term success of YPIE’s development strategies.
- With the Director, Strategic Partnerships, complete quarterly tracking reviews of the YPIE strategic plan’s Fundraising Goals.
- Ensure, with the Manager, Operations, DonorPerfect’s coordination with YPIE’s email communications system, Constant Contact to keep lists current and segmented for accurate and effective email communication.
- Working closely with Senior Director, Communications and the YPIE program staff, ensure YPIE’s visibility and donor recognition by:
- keeping the website updated
- seizing media opportunities
- generating social media promotion/recognition for key philanthropic partners and
- maintaining an up to date Donor Wall in the YPIE College Zone.
Individual Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (30%):
- Create and maintain a moves management system for assigned staff to cultivate potential new and steward existing individual donors resulting in a 40-50% individual donor retention rate.
- Identify activities and opportunities for donors to be recognized for and stay engaged with YPIE’s work.
- Assist in the creation and careful review of both general and targeted mail and online fundraising solicitations.
- Conduct thank you and stewardship phone calls and meetings individually and in person with assigned donors.
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement and program staff in preparing for and executing the YPIE Annual Fundraising Gala and other key volunteer recognition events including Spring Gratitude Reception, Wendy R. Nadel Legacy Award.
Corporate/Foundation/Government Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (30%):
- Create and maintain a moves management system for assigned staff to cultivate potential new and steward existing corporate donors resulting in a 30% corporate/foundation donor retention rate.
- Maintain a Corporate/Foundation/Government tracking system for weekly review of upcoming grant reporting and application deadlines.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and reports.
- Serve as point person and work with program staff on the execution of corporate employee volunteer engagement projects.
- Conduct prospect research on corporate, foundation and government funding prospects.
Associate and Volunteer Advisory Board Liaison (10%):
- Serve as the YPIE Associate Board staff liaison ensuring the Board Charter is followed - recruiting and communicating with members, planning and leading quarterly meetings and other Board activities.
- Assist the Director, Volunteer Engagement manage the YPIE Volunteer Advisory Board ensuring the Board Charter is followed and proper recruitment, communication, meeting implementation and VAB leadership activities occur.
- Strategic thinker with a relentless focus on improving systems, coordinating efforts, using data to drive decision making and an unwavering commitment to reaching goals.
- Proven ability for bringing together different departments within an organization to work together toward a shared vision and goals.
- Ground-level experience as a fundraiser and/or in sales with a proven track record of success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong belief in the mission and values of YPIE, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and communities.
- Experience with Google platform, internet searches and research, social media
- Capable of quickly learning new software - DonorPerfect, Constant Contact, Asana, etc...
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Salary open to negotiation during the interview process.