Document Control Lead
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
School Group is looking for a Document Control Lead to provide document control expertise and to ensure document management consistency across projects for the Program by maintaining control and traceability of the documentation from project initiation throughout completion.
· Establishing a procedural framework for identifying, collecting, distributing and filing the controlled documents for the Program. This involves writing and maintaining document control procedures and participating in the development and roll-out of document control.
· Control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of electronic documents produced by technical teams, projects or departments.
· Ensure the information and management control system is implemented in compliance with the SG standard; and is updated to reflect revisions to those standards.
· Maintain awareness of new Program initiatives that may impact the control or distribution of information on the project.
· Ensure the department members are provided with adequate training and support to enable them to successfully use the procedure and systems in use by the Program.
· Proactively conduct “spot audits” to facilitate their understanding of and enhance their compliance to Document Controls procedures.
· Provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) audits of the electronic Document Control files.
· Assists with policy discussions, including e-mail recording and retention, video recording and retention, etc.
· Identify trends and recommend best practices.
· Maintain a watchful and alert attitude toward Document Control, including Project Team meetings, developing routine reports and metrics to gauge a Project Team’s success (e.g. the RFI response chart), and in general being eager and energetic towards establishing and maintaining control.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
· Five years of document control experience, with at least two-years supporting a software project
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
· Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
· Should know how to create Document Control Processes from scratch and then imply them per ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Document Control Lead
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform…