The Lift Garage is a nonprofit that offers people a vehicle out of poverty by providing low-cost car repair, free pre-purchase car inspections, and honest advice that supports our community on the road to more secure lives. We connect with community partners to strengthen the support network and link customers to needed resources. The Lift Garage is a car repair shop that has a unique blend of business and service with a high value on hospitality. The applicant for this position is not required to have a working knowledge of cars, car parts, car repairs, etc. Applicants should be able to prioritize tasks and balance multiple needs while maintaining a calm, kind, compassionate and hospitable environment for customers.
The Volunteer Coordinator and Social Media Assistant reports to the Development Director and will regularly perform the following job duties:
· Manage social media accounts for The Lift Garage including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Including responding to messages and interactions or forwarding to the appropriate staff member.
· Create content for the social media platforms. Discover like-minded organizations/people to follow.
· Attend organization-wide fundraising events and provide social media content before, during, and after events.
· Work with colleagues to determine what volunteer opportunities to make available at The Lift
· Develop volunteer position descriptions, requirements, and application materials
· Recruit volunteers through community outreach and connecting with those who have already expressed interest in volunteering
· Interview and screen volunteers to match their interests with The Lift Garage needs
· Provide orientation and training to volunteers and assist with supervision during scheduled volunteer shifts
· Retain volunteers through regular communication and recognition
· Enter volunteer information/data into the donor CRM (Bloomerang)
· Punctuality and good attendance
· Patience, kindness, empathy and hospitality
· Conflict resolution and effective communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
· Computer skills with Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn job-specific software including: Later, Canva (or similar), and Bloomerang
· Photography skills or knowledge are a plus
Typical Work Hours:
· Flexible within the hours of Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
· Hours outside of these will be discussed in advance with your supervisor
The Lift Garage is a nonprofit that offers people a vehicle out of poverty by providing low-cost car repair, free pre-purchase car inspections, and honest advice that supports our community on the road to more secure lives. We connect with…