The Restoring. Our. Youth. Organization needs an individual who delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to members needs, promotes memberships and programs. Performs various tasks and responsibilities that contribute to the ongoing success of the organization. Your job description can be altered at the discretion of the Chief Executive Assistant and/or the Chief Executive Director of the organization.
- Applies ROY’s (mission, vision, motto, and values) when dealing with member services.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the Restoring. Our. Youth. Organization.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs the Chief Executive Assistant of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Communicates and works with other departments.
- Handle additional tasks as needed
- Work as a team member; respect fellow ROY members/ and be professional in communications
- Develop positive relationships with members fostering an atmosphere of respect, open to correction, operational excellences, teamwork, and striving for excellence.
- Be outgoing and take the initiative to build committed and connected long-term relationships with members
- Go the extra mile to make each members’ experience at the ROY organization a pleasant one
- Support social and recreational activities for the youth with the purpose of recruiting and retaining youth in the initiative and providing opportunities for positive engagement
- Paperwork, signing up for programs
- Attend required staff meetings and trainings designated by the Chief Executive Assistant
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Open to modelling the ROY’s mission, vision, motto, and values.
- Willing to reach out to the Chief Executive Assistant to gain support and make proper decisions when in doubt
- Must work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends (as needed).
- Should work effectively with high-risk populations.
- Must prioritize tasks and work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to motivate and coach members towards restoration.
- Possess excellent crisis/conflict management skills and/or willing to learn.
- Operate a computer to enter necessary data on the behalf of the ROY organization. (*When assigned to do so by the Chief Executive Assistant)
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, have organizational skills, and have a teamwork mentality.
What we offer as an nonprofit Organization
We are committed to delivering on our mission by providing help to our target communities who need it most. We also appreciate those who dedicate their spare time to volunteer with us by supporting a cause to simply give back. We show our appreciation through our volunteer benefits. As a member and officer of the Restoring.Our.youth.Organization, you:
- Can work on organization work at any time that is convenient to you and your daily work life balance; (Please ensure that you have a line of communication between you and your supervisor on expectations)
- Will be a part of a true change for youth, teens, young adults, and communities that we serve;
- Can work from home upon request and approval from your supervisor;
- Will receive additional training by certified leaders to effectively do your job;
- Can apply the skills that you will learn to your resume;
- Can receive volunteer work hours to show your dedication in supporting a cause in the world;
- Can get reimbursed for business travel and food.(Available only to selected positions);
- Have the option to attend organization paid workshops and trainings that benefit your outside life, duties, and responsibilities;
- Additional resources for parents and children.
Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.