Volunteer Fundraiser Description
The International Economic Justice League is seeking dynamic, outgoing, and passionate individuals for the role of a fundraiser. The position involves fundraising for IEJL, a nonprofit organization tasked with the mission to abate corruption and promote ethical business practices. We are looking for someone to spearhead our fundraising opportunities. Ensuring that all available opportunities for raising funds are successfully exploited and maintained, contributing to the financial viability and overall sustainability of the organization. We need a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan for the organization which will achieve the goals for sustainable funding and the development of fundraising events
- Identify potential companies and individuals to enter a sponsorship relationship with IEJL.
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors.
- Utilize a range of promotional methods and campaigns to effectively market IEJL’s mission and purpose to potential donors.
- Send out emails, make phone calls, attend networking events, and have face-to-face meetings on behalf of IEJL.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Assist in the planning of events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with current and prospective donors, volunteers, co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Project and budget management skills.
- A network of contacts and potential fundraisers to bring to the organization is a plus.