Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for post-donation reactions. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
• Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
• Manage donor flow and direct donors to tablet registration
• Model excellent customer service behaviors
• Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
• Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
• Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
• Check if donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
• Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
• Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
• Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
• Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
• May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours
• Must be over the age of 16
• Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
• Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
• Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
• Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
• Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
Length of Appointment: Preferably 6 months - 1 year, renewable each year
Required: All volunteers must clear background check and must be vaccinated against COVID-19
• Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
• Network and meet new people
• Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime
• Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
• Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
• Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
• Ongoing training and refresher course
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Assist donors with…