Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Is flexibility in your schedule important to you? Do you have an interest in helping to build homes? Whether you’re a contractor or have never picked up a hammer in your life, our Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area Build Site Volunteer opportunity is for you!
Habitat’s mission is to mobilize volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
What you need to know:
· Volunteers are not required to have prior building experience
· Onsite training is provided by our skilled Crew Leaders
· We build 12 months a year, Monday to Friday
· All safety equipment is provided onsite
· Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old to build
· Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
· Minimum shift is 8 hours, from 8:00 am – 4:00pm (can vary depending on build site), Monday through Friday. Shifts are self-scheduled via online registration
· You can volunteer for one day or on a regular basis
Build Site Locations:
· 485 Normandy Street, Oshawa
· Able to learn to use construction tools and equipment with training and supervision
· Ability to lift 20-30lbs
· Assist in providing a safe and healthy working environment
· Willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff
· Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team. A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humour is always key! Tasks are not always glamourous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
· Gain practical experience in skilled trades
· Meet new people and network with likeminded individuals
· Give back to your community and help provide affordable home ownership
Ready to get started in making a difference in the lives of families:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage volunteers with disabilities, and upon individual request, will endeavor to provide appropriate accommodations. Please inform our Volunteer Service team should accommodation be required by emailing email@example.com or call 416-755-7353 (extension 2225)
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Is flexibility in your schedule important to you? Do you have an interest in helping to build homes? Whether you’re a contractor or have never picked up a hammer in…
Entrance is off of Lomond, parking on west side of Lomond only.