The United Nations Association of the USA, Northern New Jersey Chapter is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to building understanding of and support for the ideals and work of the UN among the American people. Its education, policy and advocacy programs emphasize the importance of cooperation among nations and the need for American leadership at the UN. Through discussions, partnerships, and action-oriented initiatives, UNA-NNJ offers its members a platform for education, advocacy, professional development in international affairs, and the opportunity to volunteer in international service. The group consists of diverse professionals from the fields of business, law, public service, healthcare and the media.
UNA, Northern New Jersey Chapter seeks a Manager of Institutional Giving as an essential member of its fundraising team. The Manager of Institutional Giving is responsible for maintaining and growing the chapter's funding relationships with foundations, government agencies, and corporations. The position will prepare and submit all proposals and reports, research institutional prospects, and attain success in the chapter's institutional fundraising goals each year. The Manager of Institutional Giving is also responsible for working with team members to ensure the terms of funded proposals are fulfilled as necessary.
This position will work closely with the Development Director to maintain a portfolio of relationships. Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as an ability to self-manage projects with competing deadlines. The position is an excellent opportunity to gain proposal writing, grant management, and donor cultivation experience across a diverse institutional portfolio.
Proposal and Material Development
· Research and write grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and corporate sponsorship packages. Create persuasive case statements, compelling stories, and substantive data for use in proposals, solicitation materials, talking points, and newsletters.
· Coordinate with key staff in the gathering, fact-checking, and synthesis of financial and evaluation information.
· Maintain a schedule of deadlines and the timely submission of proposal packages.
· Make follow-up calls and if appropriate, arrange meetings with institutional funders.
· Complete and submit accurate reporting, as required.
· Maintain accurate records and files regarding institutional donors. Acknowledge gifts and submit all required deliverables in a timely manner.
· Facilitate communication with current and prospective funding partners regarding chapter activities and programs.
· Manage grant compliance and reporting requirements.
· Provide support for cultivation events and other fundraising activities as required.
· Conduct research on prospective foundations, corporations, and government sources. Identify prospects for funding annual and special campaign funding needs.
· Prepare written donor prospect profiles and compile materials for solicitors.
A strong candidate should have:
· 2-3 years of relevant work experience as part of a fundraising team.
· Demonstrable track record of successful written proposals.
· Superior writing skills with an ability to be strategic, articulate, concise, and persuasive.
· Strong ability to cultivate relationships. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal).
· Ability to conduct thoughtful funder prospect research.
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail with concurrent focus on larger picture.
· Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and PowerPoint.
· Attributes: strategic, creative, flexible, team player.
**This position is unpaid, but volunteer hours or school credit is available.
The United Nations Association of the USA, Northern New Jersey Chapter is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to building understanding of and support for the ideals and work of the UN among the American people. Its education…
The UNA, Northern New Jersey Chapter covers the counties in the northern part of the state which include Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and your hours of availability to email@example.com Please include “Manager of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.