Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. Do good for your community while using your professional expertise. Work with talented peers on a rewarding non-profit cause related program. The Rare Genomics Institute is making a difference. RG is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of genome research.
- Provide review and assessment of organizational issues and potential clients or programs referred through partnership.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization on a wide variety of legal issues that may include: business development, legal research, grant review, MOUs, public benefits, medical legal partnerships, and other issues impacting core functions of the organization.
- Represent the organization in various forums, including client calls, governmental oversight. Committee meetings, and legal review.
- Co-counsel with pro bono volunteers to represent clients.
- Collaborate with Development Staff to meet all relevant grant reporting requirements, including helping compile and interpret data and draft narratives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Active member of a State Bar in good standing.
- Willingness to train and work with volunteer attorneys and students (required)
- Minimum one-to-two years non-profit legal services experience (preferred)
- Experience in corporate, international development, contract, patent, employment, public benefits, or administrative law (preferred)
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Rare Genomics mission
- An experienced leader and legal executive with appropriate legal experience, preferably in the public interest arena.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts both business and union environments
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well-versed in management systems.