What do we do?
Mission Bit is a non-profit organization dedicated to exposing Bay Area high school students to computer science (CS) through fun project-based learning experiences. Mission Bit began offering programs to high school students in 2013 to fill the gap in CS education.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a group of dedicated IT volunteers to help us with the following:
- Creating processes to streamline and automate laptop wiping
- Hard wipe laptops after every semester 3x a year (January, May, and **August**) for our next cohort
- Experience in MDS - Twocanoes or similar software
- Experience with wiping laptops from bootable drives
- Experience setting up online servers
- Keep a running inventory of the hardware and the state that they are in
Why are our laptops important?
When schools were closed due to COVID-19, the digital divide became more visible than ever before. Across San Francisco Unified School District, an estimated 12,000 to 13,000 students lack access to a dedicated digital device at home that they do not share with another family member. Not every student was eligible to receive a lent laptop from the school district and some had to share their laptops with siblings to complete schoolwork and participate in virtual classes. To ensure any participants without access to technology at home can still participate in our programming, we provide a laptop lending program for students who do not have their own devices.
We're looking for 4 IT volunteers, who have experience working with Apple devices.
Sign up here: https://tally.so/r/wgDZ4l
What do we do?
Mission Bit is a non-profit organization dedicated to exposing Bay Area high school students to computer science (CS) through fun project-based learning experiences. Mission Bit began offering programs to high school…