Helping Link/Mot Dau Noi is seeking volunteers to serve as Adult ESL instructors for teaching instruction of basic English language fluency.
- Be available during class hours (evenings) to successfully teach and inspire students.
- Work with a cohort of other instructors to develop and discuss lesson plans to ensure materials follow state and community standards and are practical for students’ daily lives.
- Prepare for and instruct the ESL class to maximize student success and ensure student confidence in speaking English.
- Oversee and organize all learning and testing materials and track student progress reports for the end of the quarter.
- Be engaging, inspiring, imaginative, passionate and friendly.
*Note: Limited resources and materials will be made available to instructors.
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times (evenings) for instruction.
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English speaking group of students.
- High communication and people skills-both verbal and written-to work with students and teaching assistant(s).
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn.
- Helping Link use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams extensively, so it is extremely important to be familiar with it or be willing to learn how to use it on your own.
- Volunteers must live within the Puget Sound region/Western Washington.
- Make a direct impact on the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives.
- Hands-on experience teaching students English.
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovation/imagination and confidence.
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in King County.
For more information about the volunteer application process, visit www.helpinglink.org/volunteer. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.