Girl Connect is Girls Empowerment Network’s weekly recurring summer school-based program. Each semester, Girls Empowerment Network staff, interns, and volunteers work with girls to increase their self-efficacy, resiliency, and positive connection to peers and role models. With support from the Girls Empowerment Network program staff, interns, volunteers, and peers in Dallas, Girl Connect equips girls in grades 3-12 with the skills they need to navigate girlhood.
As a Girl Connect volunteer, you will attend weekly sessions at a local school and act as a co-facilitator alongside the Girls Empowerment Network program lead, all while forming encouraging and caring relationships with the girls in the program. Volunteers lead ice breakers, activities, facilitate discussions, and provide assistance to the Girls Empowerment Network program lead on-site.
As a direct service volunteer, you can choose to volunteer with Girl Connect in either of the following ways:
* Co-facilitate a weekly school group that takes place during the school day between 8AM-3PM and lasts for 1½ hours.
* Co-facilitate a weekly afterschool group that takes place between the hours of 3PM-5:45PM and lasts for 2 hours.
Here are the following Volunteer dates and times:
Important notes about this volunteer opportunity:
* this volunteer opportunity is only available to individuals who have been fully vaccinated.
* Girl Connect volunteers are required to attend a virtual Direct Service Volunteer Training
* volunteers are assigned to a specific school in Dallas and will be required to commit to the same time and day every week for the entirety of the semester.
* Girls Empowerment Network prefers that volunteers make a two-semester minimum commitment. Consistency is key for the girls we serve and we want to ensure that volunteers are able to commit to our programs and the girls they work with.
If you are interested/available to volunteer in-person each week with our Girl Connect program, please fill out this form!
Girl Connect is Girls Empowerment Network’s weekly recurring summer school-based program. Each semester, Girls Empowerment Network staff, interns, and volunteers work with girls to increase their self-efficacy, resiliency, and positive…