We are looking for an energetic and experienced Acting/Theater Volunteer Instructor with a passion for working with teens and young children. The selected volunteer will facilitate virtual classes teaching youth about how to utilize acting, movement and speech to create believable performances.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of students once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Teach students the fundamentals of acting theory, scene study, script analysis and voice and diction.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of theatrical arts and various acting methods
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase performance in December 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Prior experience in Acting/Theater
- Prior teaching experience working with teens and young children is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A degree or certification in Acting or Theater is a plus but not required
- Must be 18+ years old