The Division Volunteer Services Recruitment Lead, in partnership with the Division Volunteer Services Executive, oversees Volunteer recruitment strategies, tactics and metrics related to "The Volunteer Experience". This position will serve as a subject matter expert in recruitment and assist in the implementation of strategic volunteer recruitment by collaborating with national and regional recruitment teams. In partnership with the Division Volunteer Services Executive they will help leverage and implement a "best practices" approach.
- Enhances the Volunteer Recruitment strategy for the assigned division
- Utilizes data related to metrics and performance indicators to evaluate and enhance recruitment plans and strategies
- Partners and collaborate with national headquarters and regional recruitment teams to understand and guide execution of the recruitment plans ensuring targeted, proactive recruitment for high priority positions and beyond.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on volunteer recruitment.
- Leads ongoing discussions with regional volunteer recruitment teams regarding recruitment, roles and responsibilities; helps to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
- Experience working with volunteers
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Work well both individually and with others
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners, board members, senior management and other volunteer partners as needed
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
- Workforce management experience including recruitment and/or engagement desired
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook