Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization believes that with the right opportunities and support, vulnerable youth can overcome the circumstances of their vulnerability and begin to be restored. Under the supervision of the EVP of Ops & People, this position implements Restoring.Our.Youth Organization’s mentoring initiatives and supports youth through the footprint process and plans. The Sr. Community Mentor Coordinator recruits, screens, trains, matches, and supervises volunteer Community Mentors Coordinators directly and Community Mentors and Community Volunteers indirectly. The Sr. Community Mentor Coordinator works with Restoring Our Youth target communities and ensures Community Mentors Coord are able to identify youth-mentor matches. Once the matches are made, the Community Mentor Coordinator provides guidance to volunteer Community Mentors as they work to build supportive relationships with their youth mentor match.
Additionally, The Sr. Community Mentor Coordinator oversees general volunteer efforts and the intake process for new youth members.
This individual reports directly to the EVP of Operations & People.
- Meet deliverables for Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Mentoring planning;
- Recruit, screen, orientate and provide training to all incoming volunteer Community Mentors Coordinators;
- Maintain human resource files for all mentors as well as records of current, pending, and past mentors and volunteers;
- Provides ongoing support and supervision to Community Mentors Coord’s, specifically conducting at least once per month one-on-one supervision as well as ongoing responsiveness to Community Mentor Coord’s questions and concerns;
- Provide ongoing education workshops to the Community Mentors Coord. at least once per quarter throughout the year;
- Outreach and communications to increase youth referrals;
- Ensure Community Mentor Coord’s are responding to all youth referrals in a timely manner; conduct youth initial intake and paperwork; meet guardian when applicable;
- Maintain documentation and tracking program deliverables, including those of partner agencies for semi-annual reporting;
- Ensures Community Mentor Coord’s are conducting mentor mixers to facilitate new matches;
- Plan and implement events for matched youth and their mentors;
- Plan and hold annual mentor appreciation events;
- Maintain and update program & outreach collateral;
- Attend all meetings assigned by Sr. VP of Operations & People;
- Annually, as part of supervision, develop a professional development plan identifying personal goals, objectives, and activities.
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of clerical experience and/or BA in business administration or similar relevant field. (Associate degree acceptable alternative);
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- High school diploma/GED required;
- Processes excellent crisis/conflict management skills and/or is willing to learn;
- In-depth knowledge of program management and development procedures;
- Hands-on experience in budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting or willing to learn;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Proactive problem solver;
- Experience supervising volunteers or other individuals;
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and safety planning to members as needed;
- Experience facilitating training.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends when required;
- A criminal background conducted upon request;
- Enthusiastic interest in supporting the mission of Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc.
What we offer as a nonprofit organization
We are committed to delivering on our mission by providing help to our target communities who need it most. We also appreciate those who dedicate their spare time to volunteering with us by supporting a cause that involves simply giving back. We show our appreciation through our volunteer benefits. As a member and officer of the Restoring.Our.youth.Organization, you:
- Can work on organization work at any time that is convenient to you and your daily work/ life balance; (Please ensure that you have a line of communication between you and your supervisor on expectations)
- Will be a part of a true change for youth, teens, young adults, and communities that we serve;
- Can work from home upon request and approval from your supervisor;
- Will receive additional training from certified leaders to effectively do your job;
- Can apply the skills that you will learn to your resume;
- Can receive volunteer work hours to show your dedication to supporting a cause;
- Can get reimbursed for business travel and food.(Available only to selected positions);
- Will have the option to attend organization paid workshops and training that benefit your outside life, duties, and responsibilities;
- Will have available to you additional resources for parents and children.
Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.