Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
The Grant Writer role provides support to the Key Relationship Management Program (major donors) within Partnership Ministries to develop well researched, creative and effective messaging in the proposal process for grant and foundation funding. The grant writer will provide clarity and guidance throughout the cycle working in partnership with the Director of Partnership Ministries; to greatly increase the effectiveness of the proposal messaging and follow-up, and thus JAARS’ prospects of grant proposal selection.
- Collaborate with the Partnership Ministries Director to research, identify, study and analyze grant requirements to engage with JAARS grant needs; maximize JAARS prospects of acquiring the grant
- Take initiative to research prospective grant and foundation opportunities
- Act as the authoritative resource in the division’s grant writing strategy, policies, procedures approaches, programs, upgrading, etc.
- Prepare, write and submit completed grant applications, with required supportive documentation and paperwork to maximize opportunities for financial grant support for JAARS programs
- Prioritize grant funding requests and contact internal or external grant sponsors to gain insights and content that lead to compelling proposals for grant donations or funding
- Follow up with additional information from grant detail, as requested by the grant proposal sponsor
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- A sincere dependence on the Lord to enable and guide the grant process knowing that one does their best but the end result is the Lord’s.
- Degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, Business Writing, related discipline or equivalent preferred; experience with non-profits preferred
- Experience, ability, and knowledge to perform the duties listed within the job description, utilizing the principles and practices of corporate and private grant research, applications, administration, and conditions; knowledge of formal proposal procedures and language
- Basic computer skills in Google Workplace and Microsoft Office Suite
- Learn and be able to work effectively using the Salesforce ERP
- Excellent organizational, editorial and writing skills with keen attention to detail