Volunteers Needed to Help Families when affected by Home Fires/Disaster
NOTE - THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR GREATER ST. LOUIS AREA RESIDENTS ONLY!
Do you want to make a direct, front-line impact in your community? Here’s an opportunity to respond on-scene with other volunteers to house fires (or other local disasters). Apply at THIS LINK today!
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicate those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training and ready to respond reliably when on call
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, in-paper and online
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation.
- Stand for two-hour periods
- Walk on uneven terrain, up to two miles a shift.
- Work in extreme weather conditions, hot or cold
- Spend hours writing
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
- Drive in daytime and at night
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- "Being able to help someone in one of their greatest times of need is a feeling like no other" ~Charlie V.
- “It’s a wonderful feeling being able to help someone affected by a house fire, who literally, may only have the clothes on their back." ~Julie M.
How to get started