Volunteer will teach Junior Achievement grade specific content, act as a role model and mentor at-risk youth!
- No past teaching experience is required.
- You will receive the content created by Junior Achievement and we will show you how to present it
- Present fun and educational JA content created by Junior Achievement focused on Grade Level Specific Financial Literacy, Work & Career Readiness and Entrepreneurship.
- Share your personal and professional career journey while teaching our curriculum.
- Students learn as they participate in fun activities that reinforce the concepts you teach them.
- The in classroom educator will assist with student coordination.
- This is one of MANY opportunities to teach Kindergarten through 12th grade content either in person or virtually. When you are contacted let them know if you are interested in more opportunities!
- Attend a 90 minute virtual or in-person JA volunteer training.
- Spend 2 to 3 hours prepping prior to the JA Day.
- Attend and teach the JA Class you sign up for.
- Have access to a computer so you can ZOOM or Google Meets into the classroom
What Skills are you looking for in volunteers:
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills