About Global Crisis Response (GCR):
Global Crisis Response is a systematic effort aimed at collectively exploring the best means to articulate & navigate the current era of the Anthropocene characterized by Climate Change, Scarcity, Chaos & Uncertainty. It is the flagship initiative of Orb Tranz Research & Broadcasting Foundation, a not for profit (Section-8 Company) registered in Mumbai, India.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS (JD):
This is a multi-tasking- research, analysis & content writing profile involving the following tasks:
- Extensive reading of all literature (multiple types - books , papers, articles) to enable content development
- Refinement of Theory of Change (TOC) & Conceptual Frameworks: Brainstorm (with the team), Research, Validation, Improvisation
- Assist Project Director in development and publication orientation series essays for the organization website
- Write supplementary essays independently
- Storyboard essays for the GCR YouTube channel (based on essay series research)
- Any other related task as required by the Project Director
Who can apply?
- Open minded and willing to engage with radical ideas
- Background in academics, journalism, research , grass-root activism (motivated self-taught candidates and those from non-academic background are welcome to apply)
- Interested in engaging with us for medium to long-term volunteer projects (minimum of 3 months commitment required)
- Looking for a career shift into research, activism, advocacy, journalism
- Open for a critical analysis & evaluation of mainstream environmentalism
Core Qualification & Expertise:
- Post-docs, post- graduates (preferably from academic disciplines related to Environment, Ecological Economics, Alternative Economics, Post-growth, Climate Change, Sustainability, Climate Justice, etc.) &/or
- with 3 or more years of relevant experience
We are seeking candidates with any of the following skills:
- Experience of research, theory and analysis
- Experience & capability of writing research papers
- Experience of creative writing or environmental journalism
- Communication experience
- Experience in designing and execution of research
- Experience in managing a small research team
- Curious & passionate about issues related to Existential Risks, sustainability, climate change, scarcity etc.
- A unique opportunity to learn about and engage with radical and non-mainstream ideas like overshoot, existential risks, collapse, degrowth, post-growth etc.
- A research opportunity not typed to academic or institutional limitations
- Opportunity to co-author/author blogs and other texts
- Flexibility - fit research and writing around your interests and other commitments
- A fantastic experience for those who seek to make a significant difference in addressing the challenges of the Anthropocene
- A certificate or letter of reference can be provided for your career progression
- A fantastic experience for those who seek to make a significant difference in addressing the human predicament
- GCR is not currently in a position to offer any stipend to volunteers but we certainly respect your decision to dedicate your valuable skills & expertise towards the objectives of this public interest initiative
- Although Climate Change is an important aspect of our work it is not the primary focus
- Candidates who are passionate, committed towards holistic learning, dedication to stick with the work and can have patience with a new NGO that is just getting going will benefit the most from this opportunity.
- Ideally committing 3-4 months will help the candidate to get the most out of this project
- We are a budding organization with meagre resources and supervision capabilities, so please be aware that you will need to be flexible and self-motivated. In exchange we do offer a unique research experience in a welcoming and passionate team, and a chance to explore radical and non-mainstream ideas outside of traditional institutions.