Be a Part of the Team that Keeps Everything Running!
Help support the Operations Department at the American Red Cross as they work to keep everything running in an efficient manner!
- Support the overall administrative functions of the Operations Department
- Help process vendor payments
- Manage document retention and vendor contracts and relationships
- Coordinate work orders for fleet and facilities maintenance and repairs
- Perform or assist with facility emergency drills
- Copy, file, and maintain paper or electronic documents
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered
- Store and distribute financial aid cards
- Help with sorting and distributing mail
- Provide general information to staff, volunteers, clients, and the public
- Greet visitors entering the building who need direction and provide support or assistance
- Provide support in answering phones, provide information, take messages, or transfer calls
- Supportive of the American Red Cross mission and programs
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and helpful
- Ability to use office equipment (such as copier and fax machine)
- Ability and willingness to learn and use Red Cross technology
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to volunteer in person
- Comfortable answering phones and transferring calls
- People skills are a must
- Comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
Training provided at no cost and volunteers in the position are asked to work one shifts a week. Each shift is 4.5-6 hours and you choose the shifts that you register for.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.