In this role, you will be responsible for creating and organizing new projects on the JIRA platform, as well as configuring the layout, design, workflow, and dashboard. You will manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams. Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs. Also, ensure each person on a project team has access to all materials needed.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry-standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 6.x & 7.x environment.
- Improve JIRA security. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Perform basic Linux and Windows server administration tasks.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with a specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA .
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages .
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation.
- LDAP integration experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Experience installing applications on VMs, monitoring performance, and tailing logs on Unix Systems Administration and Microsoft Windows Server, preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would love to hear from you!