Resumo dos Detalhes
Tipo de EscolaPúblico
Taxa de Inscrição$55
Apoio Financeiro DisponívelSim
Imagine a world where every person in every community has the opportunity for a healthy life. That possibility drives University of Minnesota School of Public Health (SPH) faculty, staff, and students to discover new paths, seek alternatives, push harder, and create inventive solutions in our commitment to make health a human right.
As one of the premiere schools of public health in the world, the School of Public Health prepares some of the most influential leaders in the field, and provide the knowledge health departments, communities, and policymakers need to make the best decisions about population health. We are known around the globe for our work fighting obesity; preventing infectious disease outbreaks; keeping workers safe from injury and illness; and developing leaders who will run clinics, hospitals, and entire health care systems.
At Minnesota, we give students the freedom to explore the complex and far-reaching field of public health and provide the comprehensive skills and training required to create large-scale change. Through twenty-one degree programs and numerous dual-degree and certificate offerings, our School of Public Health covers the range of today's most pressing public health topics. Because of our rigorous education, students leave SPH ready to take on the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
All of our programs provide students with:
- A solid understanding of current public health practice
- Expertise of leading faculty who are accessible and genuinely supportive
- Flexible scheduling through more than 60 online course offerings
- Career and professional development resources from an award-winning staff
- Real-world experiences, mentorship, and abundant career opportunities through connections to local and state health departments, hospitals and clinics (e.g. Allina and Mayo Clinic), local Fortune 500 companies (e.g. 3M and Medtronic), and an active alumni network (more than 10,000 living across the globe)
- #6 - Public school of public health (U.S. News)
- #2 - Master of Healthcare Administration program
- #6 - National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding among schools of public health
- #5 - Online Master of Public Health Degree
- #2 - Largest research portfolio at the University of Minnesota
- First Master of Healthcare Administration program
- First Epidemiology PhD program
- First Maternal & Child Health program in the nation
Taxa de Inscrição$55
- Histórico Escolar
- Carta de Apresentação
- 3 Cartas de Recomendações
- Resume or C.V.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of not less than 3.00 (preferred)
- Prerequisite coursework (varies per program)
- NOTE: the GRE is not considered in the admissions evaluation
- Information for International Applicants and/or Non-Native English Speakers
- PhD applicants for Environmental Health and Epidemiology will be required to provide a statement of research interests
- NOTE: Above list reference general admissions requirements, please refer to the specific program of interest for additional application requirements including any required or preferred prerequisite coursework necessary.
- NOTE: SOPHAS, the common application service, charges $145 for the first program you apply to and $55 for each additional program. A limited number of fee waivers are available, learn more at SOPHAS.
- NOTE: A limited number of application fee assistance support is available through the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, please contact us at email@example.com to inquire.
Prazo para Inscrições
To receive consideration for first-round School of Public Health scholarships, applications must be completed, with all required documentation, by December 1. Applications submitted/completed after December 1 will be given scholarship consideration based on availability of funds. Deadlines beyond the priority deadline vary by program, please refer to the complete list of application deadlines.
Total de Estudantes1.327 Estudantes
- Possui escritório dedicado a diversidade
- Instituição que Serve Minorias, de acordo como Departamento de Educação Americano
- Domestic Students of Color: 18%
- International Students: 15%
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities named one of the most LGBT-friendly campuses in the nation (Campus Pride, 2013, 2014)
- A number of SPH staff are trained Mental Health Advocates
Your drive to succeed is supported by staff in the award-winning SPH Career Center who provide the guidance and resources you need to understand the professional marketplace and launch a public health career.
Our close relationships with hundreds of nonprofit organizations, corporations, and the Minnesota Department of Health provide opportunities for real-world experiences, industry expertise, mentorship, and careers.
Whether it's collaborating with communities in Minneapolis or working with people across the globe, our school's unique relationship with local populations, as well as schools and organizations around the world, provides important ways for students to learn from and partner with the world community.
Through summer fellowships, volunteering, applied practice requirements, and other learning opportunities, public health students in the Twin Cities are in one of the top places in the country for hands-on experience and to practice public health. A long and close partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health - among the best in the country - gives our students on-the-ground experience and future job opportunities. Programs in India and studies in Bangkok and the Dominican Republic, among other learning abroad possibilities, allow students to see that public health is needed everywhere and how they can serve.
O que nossos estudantes dizem
"My knowledge gained...in infectious disease epidemiology helped to prepare me for what to anticipate in this [COVID-19] pandemic. It means a lot to know that the military health system and military beneficiaries will benefit from the work I'm doing." Learn more about Julie.Julie Kebisek, Environmental Health MPH ‘16
"Having been trained as a physician, in addition to my MPH degree in public health administration and policy has provided me with both perspectives required to be able to effectively support teams in the field." Learn more about FrankFrank Grenier, Public Health Administration & Policy MPH ‘14
"The MHA program provided me the foundation I use every day in both this current role and in my executive role at CentraCare: problem solving, relationship development, and leadership." Learn more about JosephJoseph Hellie, Master of Healthcare Administration ‘90
"My knowledge gained...in infectious disease epidemiology helped to prepare me for what to anticipate in this [COVID-19] pandemic. It means a lot to know that the military health system and military beneficiaries will benefit from the work I'm doing." Learn more about Julie.
"Having been trained as a physician, in addition to my MPH degree in public health administration and policy has provided me with both perspectives required to be able to effectively support teams in the field." Learn more about Frank
"The MHA program provided me the foundation I use every day in both this current role and in my executive role at CentraCare: problem solving, relationship development, and leadership." Learn more about Joseph
Taxas Escolares & Auxílio Financeiro
- Apoio Financeiro Disponível
- Isenção da Taxa de Inscrição Disponível
- Tuition is charge per credit (MPH and MHA) or banded (MS and PhD), so average cost of tuition varies based on program and credits enrolled.
- As a public institution, there is also a Minnesota Resident and Non-Resident tuition rates.