Resumo dos Detalhes
The Wilma Hepker School of Social Work has been providing exceptional social work training for over 40 years. Our mission is to train competent and ethical professionals who: embody integrity, value all people, serve their communities, and pursue social justice. Our MSW program one-day-a-week classes and our DSW is fully online. This makes it easy to complete your degree while still managing the demands of life.
The BSW and MSW programs are fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), currently, the CSWE doesn't accredit doctoral programs but ours is approved by regional body NWCCU and will meet any future CSWE requirements.
The Wilma Hepker School of Social Work offers a Master of Social Work degree is offered on three campuses: College Place, WA; Billings, MT; Missoula, MT. Our program provides you with the on-the-job skills that employers are looking for in new graduates. Small classes give ample opportunity for involvement with other students from diverse backgrounds.
DSW program focuses on teaching and leadership in the social work field, making practitioners scholars. Open to anyone with an MSW degree and preferably two years post-grad experience.
- Clinical focus
- Dedicated field director for practicum placement
- No GRE required
- Transfer credits accepted (up to 12 credits)
Length: 2 years or less
Earn certifications in Gottman's Method of Couples Therapy and Chemical Dependency.
of students are female
of students are first-generation college students
of students are Black, Hispanic, or Asian
To qualify for regular admission, an applicant to a graduate program will meet the following criteria:
- 4 year bachelor degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for either the total hours or for the last 96 quarter hours of the baccalaureate degree.
- Complete a graduate application.
- Obtain professional and academic references from three individuals knowing the applicant's professional abilities and personal qualities (i.e. a recent volunteer supervisor, employer, professor or advisor). If academic reference is not possible then use past or present work and volunteer supervisors.
- Submit an admission essay of professional goals and objectives as directed by the department concerned.
- Achieve a score of 550 on the written TOEFL or a score of 213 on the computer TOEFL or a score of 79 on the internet test, if English is spoken as a Second Language and not official education or country language.
When all application materials have been received, they will be sent to the respective graduate department for evaluation and a recommendation about acceptance. The admission committee will review a candidates complete file and make recommendations based of all items submitted, the stronger a complete file is the more likely it will be an acceptance recommendation. Admission is by official action of the Graduate Council.
Prazo para Inscrições
May 1st - Preferential priority deadline (must have admissions items in and be accepted to guarantee a spot in your cohort)
August 1st - Final deadline, may be placed on a wait list or asked to defer until next start date (the following Fall quarter).
O que nossos estudantes dizem
The training I received at Walla Walla prepared me well beyond peers when I started working and the dedicated faculty helped me with a great career. It's like family here, you will love it!Melissa, MSW ‘17
The training I received at Walla Walla prepared me well beyond peers when I started working and the dedicated faculty helped me with a great career. It's like family here, you will love it!