Resumo dos Detalhes
Tipo de EscolaPrivado
Taxa de Inscrição$65
Apoio Financeiro DisponívelSim
In today’s globalized environment, expertise in international affairs is essential to understanding and working in the contemporary world.
Chapman University’s Master of Arts in International Studies is a two-year interdisciplinary course of study that links global theory and practice. The program prepares graduates for a range of global careers with the nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), the United Nations (UN), U.S. Foreign Service, and other global entities.
Chapman’s program is distinctive in its interdisciplinary approach to understanding global challenges through its emphasis on applied and experiential education. Students have the opportunity to work with faculty from various disciplines including Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Communication, Peace Studies and Law. International Studies faculty bring to the classroom extensive research and professional expertise from around the world. The International Studies program enhances students’ cross-cultural professional skills through an immersive 240-hour internship experience, chosen from a variety of international careers in non-profit, humanitarian and development work, diplomacy, education, and business. International Studies students culminate their degrees with the MA thesis, which analyzes contemporary global challenges. The International Studies program immerses students in culture and real-world inquiry, offering the language and professional skills necessary to succeed in global professions.
The MAIS program includes a stipend toward internship costs for all students, as well as generous, competitive tuition and research scholarships.
Students complete 36 credits of academic coursework, demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language equivalent to having completed two courses in the language at the 300 level, complete a 240-hour international internship, and successfully complete a master's thesis.
MAIS students complete an international internship between their first and second years of study. These internships immerse students in culture and real-world work overseas, enhancing language and professional skills in the field to which they aspire. For example, past students who hoped to pursue a career in the NGO arena participated in international internships with Global Vision International, the Foundation for Sustainable Development, and others. Students may work with non-governmental organizations in Africa to help alleviate poverty, promote gender equality in Latin America, explore trade issues among countries or firms in eastern Asia, investigate human rights issues in Europe, or assist in developing policy briefs for the U.S. State Department.
The International Studies MA thesis has a substantive international focus and incorporates theoretical perspectives. Theses are analytical, and may examine secondary data or original empirical data collected by students. International Studies students select their thesis advisors and committees based on our core faculty research interests.
Taxa de Inscrição$65
- Histórico Escolar
- Carta de Apresentação
- 2 Cartas de Recomendações
- GRE waived for applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Application to the Master of Arts in International Studies program
- Official transcripts must be submitted from ALL degree-granting (bachelor’s or master’s degrees) colleges and universities attended. An official transcript submitted in a sealed envelope which you have received from your college or university is acceptable.
- A graduate admission test is required for applicants with a bachelor's degree cumulative GPA below a 3.0. Applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99, may be considered for admission by submitting a satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with minimum scores of Verbal: 154, Quantitative: 147, and Analytical Writing: 4.0 or by demonstrating significant relevant professional experience. GRE Institution Code: 4047.
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic source, which describes your professional and academic abilities.
- Submit an essay expressing your reasons for wanting to join the MA International Studies program. What are your personal and career goals, and how will this particular degree from Chapman University help you reach those goals? Your essay should be double spaced, size 12 font, and 2-4 pages in length.
Prazo para Inscrições
- Deadlines for Fall Admission:February 1 – Priority deadline to be considered for fellowships and scholarships. All fall applicants will be considered for fellowship and scholarship awards.
- Chapman’s International Studies program offers competitive full and half-tuition fellowships to exceptional applicants. To be considered as an International Studies Fellow, applications must be received by the February 1 deadline.
- Applications received after this deadline will be considered on a rolling basis as space is available.
- Deadline for Spring Admission: Rolling
- Possui escritório dedicado a diversidade
O que nossos estudantes dizem
"The opportunities I was able to take advantage of during my Master's career at Chapman allowed me to combine my different passions and interests in ways I didn't expect from an International Studies program. The students and faculty continually pushed me to explore new possibilities within the discipline, particularly with documentary filmmaking, and not let myself get complacent with my work."Juan Bustillo, MA International Studies ‘19
"The opportunities I was able to take advantage of during my Master's career at Chapman allowed me to combine my different passions and interests in ways I didn't expect from an International Studies program. The students and faculty continually pushed me to explore new possibilities within the discipline, particularly with documentary filmmaking, and not let myself get complacent with my work."
Taxas Escolares & Auxílio Financeiro
- Apoio Financeiro Disponível
- Isenção da Taxa de Inscrição Disponível
- Competitive Graduate Research Assistantships for 1st and 2nd years of study